Hostgator vs Bluehost vs Godaddy vs GlobalGold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostgator vs Bluehost vs Godaddy vs GlobalGold

1st off I want to say hello to everyone. I have done some research including that wonderful sticky at the top of the page. Now before I begin a little about me.

I have been using VB since 2005, 1st on a crappy host whose name escapes me and to this day continues to charge me 3 bucks a month

in 2006 I moved to Godaddy. Initially it was alright but eventually my site got bogged down. Still being a novice I made another site using a more expensive Shared Hosted Plan aka Deluxe with GoDaddy. I haven't run into any problems since then other than the odd Timeout here and there. And sometimes my forums run slow. Not sluggish but slow, currently my forum is at about 100members with 60 throughout the day, and about 20 online at any given moment.

Now I will be opening another website in may, and Knowing what I know about Godaddy I want a modest solution. My only concern is the forum being as fast as possible. Multimedia etc will be hosted on my godaddy account. But the forums themselves will probably have maybe 200+ members with 70+ online at any moment (might be higher depending on popularity)

So now my question. I have done research and I see Hostgator, Bluehost, GlobalGold pop up allot. Im leaning more towards Hostgator because they are a USA based company. GlobalGold looks attractive being they have plans tailored specfically for VBulletin but they are a uk company, and I have had poor experiances thusfar with companies overseas. However if they are the best I will bite the bullet.

So any suggestions or feedback would be welcome. Thanks for listening.

If you have to choose one out of those 3...choose Hostgator.

Bluehost is not good for vB and they admit it openly on their own site.
    And you have already ruled out GlobalGold yourself.
    GigaPros.com -- vBulletin Optimized Hosting with LiteSpeed!
    ZERO Overselling Enforced WebHosting. SEE HOW…
    FREE Site Transfer |24x7 True Support (Phone, Chat, Tickets)
    We host high traffic vB. See this example with 1.5 Millon posts!

Comment

I dont mind spending the extra money which i think is 13$ usa? for there basic VB hosting package.

So then it comes down to Hostgator vs Globalgold

Comment

Hi,

I used to run into similar problems with overselling hosting companies.
        What I would recommend you, visit GlobalGold's website, go into the online chat, speak to Tim, ask a few questions and you will know where you stand.

I have changed my hosting provider to GG and to be very frank, I've never experienced such an outstanding service from a hosting company before.

My 5 cents....

Best wishes

Comment

I've been with Global Gold since 2000. Originally I started with a shared hosting solution then migrated to a dedicated server as my forum and magazine grew. During my nine years with Global Gold, Tim and Co. have been professional, friendly and have made every effort to help as my projects have grown. For that reason, I highly recommend them.

Comment

I've been with Global Gold a few months now and haven't had any issues at all, they are the most helpful hosting company I have come across. As has already been said have a chat with them and you'll soon see how helpful they are

Comment

I've only experience of one of those hosts, the one we are with now, GlobalGold.

When I was looking round I had similar experience with US hosts, as you have with UK hosts.

We moved to GlobalGold after we outgrew our space on our other host, and we haven't had any problems.
              Downtime is very very rare, and any queries are sorted and answered quickly.
              Very friendly team too, who reply to support emails even in the middle of the night sometimes

I'm sure they'd be able to sort something out for you.

Comment

I switched to Global Gold about 3 months ago and I am very pleased with their level of service.

Tim has taken great care of me through the entire migration process and with the new hosting.

And I run a fairly busy forum. (approx 100,000 page views a day)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Vash911 View Post
                  I dont mind spending the extra money which i think is 13$ usa? for there basic VB hosting package.

So then it comes down to Hostgator vs Globalgold
                  I'm using Global Gold and am very happy with it. The free site transfer was perfect as it saved me a lot of time and hassle. Hosting speed has been great and the support is great. Ask for Tim in support, he seems to be an expert at vBulletin.

Comment

Anyone here using GlobalGold to host a US site?

I've read that it's better to host a US site with a North American hosting company, to reduce loading times.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Wawa View Post
                      Anyone here using GlobalGold to host a US site?

I've read that it's better to host a US site with a North American hosting company, to reduce loading times.
                      Hello.

I think your original thread has been replied to.

Tim
                      Tim
                      Nimbus Hosting
                      www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

Comment

thanks for all the valuable insight. I will be going with globalgold.

Comment

Id just like to add I got a chance to speak to "Tim" via email. This guy is pretty much full of awesome. So once again thanks guys for the advice.

Comment

It's hard to resist when everyone is head over heels in love with hostgator.
                            Last edited by tomh; Tue 28 Apr '09, 8:20pm.

Comment

Originally posted by gigapros View Post
                              If you have to choose one out of those 3...choose Hostgator.

Bluehost is not good for vB and they admit it openly on their own site.
                              And you have already ruled out GlobalGold yourself.
                              Where do they do this?
                              I love lamp

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X