X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is no way that a comprehensive list of hosting providers can be implemented on this site. There are thousands of companies out there providing hosting and probably 10s of thousands of resellers under them. This really isn't what this forum is here for.

Leave a comment:

• blackfalcon
    started a topic A comprehensive list of hosts

A comprehensive list of hosts

Here is a list of vbulletin hosts available. If you got any suggestions, please reply and ill add it. Also, I have not used all these hosts, so if you have used one of these hosts and could provide information as to the quality of the support, please PM me.

Note: If it says Specialized under quick facts, that means that the host the forum of servers designed to run vbulletin, optimizing the forum. If it says specialized under support, it means that the support personnel are able to provide support with vbulletin. It will further clarify if they will install mods/vbulletin and updates.You must have a valid licensee for them to install Vbulletin and you must have an active subscription to vbulletin updates for them to install updates. If you dont have a subscription to updates, at the time of installation THEY WILL INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION OF VBULLETIN AVAILABLE TO YOU (as in the latest version of vbulletin when your subscription expired) NOT THE LATEST VERSION AVAILABLE.

Host Gator
    Quick Facts
    Setup: Instant
    Cost: $7-$14 a month(if payed monthly)
    Disk Space: unlimited
    Bandwith: unlimited
    Emails: Unlimited
    Sub domains: Unlimited
    FTP: Unlimited
    Support: Live chat, ticket, phone
    Positives
    +Cheap
    +Provides everything you need

Negatives
    -Support has been known to be unreliable
    -When requesting support, even small requests may be to complicated for the support person, and will be delayed as it is sent to a higher level of support
    -Support can cause more problems. Once I asked them to restore a database and after they were done, my forum had about 7 database errors.

Summery A cheap webhost. Not to harsh on your wallet. Good for small forums, but if you got a big forum, you may not want this host. Problems with support.
    Average: B

Site Ground
    Quick Facts
    Setup: Not instant. Requires employee verification. Requires your real information. Require that you send them a picture of a photo id (passport, drivers license etc...)
    Cost: $25 setup, $10 a month.
    Disk Space: 750GB (suspected scam and or oversell)
    Bandwith: 7500GB(suspected scam and or oversell)
    Emails:Unlimited
    Support: Phone, Email, Livechat Specialized(updates, install, mods)
    [/b]Specialized Hosting[b]
    Positives
    +Specialized hosting and support
    +Free domain

Negatives
    -Do you really need a picture of my ID?
    -Note the cheapest host
    -Oversells

Summery
    Have not used them yet. From what I can tell, they are ok. I just cant understand why they want a picture of my passport. They also oversell. Who needs 750gb of space? Just one more reason for them to overcharge you.
    Average: Would like some imput.

UrlJet
    Quick Facts
    Setup: Instant
    Cost: 25-80 a month
    Disk Space: 5-30GB
    Bandwith: 100-300Gb
    Emails:Unlimited
    Support: Phone, Email, Livechat Specialized(updates, install, mods)
    Truly Specialized Hosting
    Positives
    +Specialized hosting and support
    +Does not give you alot of space, so only use if you plan on using it only for vbulletin. Just enough space for vbulletin to keep prices down.
    +No overselling.
    +Hourly backup.

Negatives
    -I will not deny that it is expensive.

Summery
    A great host. Though costly, the price you pay is for excellent services, not overselling of space/bandwith. Not for small forums, but great for large forums.
    Average: A
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X