• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock On
    replied
    Originally posted by GoalGoGoal View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Any reviews/feedback/comments on the gigapros.com shared hosting plan for beginners who wana start a vBulletin forum?
    I thinking of getting the Personal plan http://www.gigapros.com/portal/index...b-hosting.html any suggestion and feedback on this? Is this good for new forum with about few hundreds active users?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Baba Wawa View Post
    Gigapros has a representative registered in these forums, and he (or she) posts here with some frequency. That's made me interested in their hosting program. Does anyone here have any experience with Gigapros as a host??

Gigapros.com is good. Trust me, their services is tip top. I'm using one of their shared hosting plan. They replied your queries and problems prompt and fast (which is what I'm looking for as a starter and customer). They have a forum to answer all your queries and doubts too. Services wise I would give a 9.9/10. I can't say the performance wise as my forum is still new and can't judge as there're still very few members in my forum, so everything now is running fine. Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    Well, I would love to have the problem of my forum becoming popular.

And I am aware of the overselling issue.

BlueHost themselves have said that they do not recommend their service for large vBulletin forums. Apparently they are okay for smaller forums, but they regard vBulletin as a "resource hog," and will urge you to find another host if your forum gets too large.
    Last edited by Baba Wawa; Thu 26 Mar '09, 8:45pm.

Leave a comment:

• gigapros
    replied
    The main problem starts happening when your forum starts becoming popular. Since Bluehost is a HUGE overseller (no offense intended), they will suspend your site as soon as you start creating CPU loads. In contrast, at GigaPros, we do not oversell and you exactly get what you pay for.

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    Thank you. I'm currently with BlueHost. I have no particular problem with them, but their own site says that they do not recommend using BlueHost to host large vBulletin forums.

Gigapros, in contrast, seems to welcome vBulletin forums and even somewhat specialize in them. But I wasn't sure what level hosting one would need for a vB. installation.
    Last edited by Baba Wawa; Thu 26 Mar '09, 8:45pm.

Leave a comment:

• gigapros
    replied
    Go for our Starter Plan.
    That should be enough for you at this point of time.

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    Perhaps this would be a better way to formulate my question -- what is the smallest plan on which one could smoothly run a vBulletin installation?

Using that plan, and assuming a very modest forum, could one add a modest WordPress blog? There are addon domains, yes, but they are almost totally inactive.

(If this helps: assume that no transfer is in question; that one is starting from scratch at Gigapros, but wants to start a vBulletin forum and a WordPress blog: which hosting plan would you recommend to start?)

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    I don't know any of those statistics, but they are all close to zero at present.

The vBulletin forum hasn't even been opened yet.

The WordPress blogs have fewer than 200 entries at present, with very few comments.

The primary domain probably gets about 20 visitors a day.

The addons mostly get no hits per day.

Growth would be focused in the vBulletin forum and in one WordPress blog, but it is unlikely that either of those would ever be terribly popular. If I had 20 users at a time in the forum, I would be pleased for the first year.

Leave a comment:

• gigapros
    replied
    Originally posted by Baba Wawa View Post
    1 vBulletin forum, 2-3 WordPress blogs, 1 primary domain, and 7-8 addon domains (most of which would be dormant)?
    For vB forum...how many user's are concurrently online? And what's your current database size (in MB) for your vB forum?

For WordPress Blogs...what's your bandwidth usage (or avg daily hits)?

For your primary domain....what's the disk space usage & bandwidth usage?

For your 7-8 addon domains...what's the total disk space usage & bandwidth usage?

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    Hello, Gigapros. Which of your hosting plans would you recommend for a customer with 1 vBulletin forum just getting started, 2-3 WordPress blogs, 1 primary domain, and 7-8 addon domains (most of which would be dormant)?
    Last edited by Baba Wawa; Tue 24 Mar '09, 5:32pm.

Leave a comment:

• gigapros
    replied
    Yes, we are a registered member here.
    Feel free to let us know if you have any questions for us.

Leave a comment:

• Baba Wawa
    replied
    So, how is Gigapros as a host for vBulletin?

Gigapros has a representative registered in these forums, and he (or she) posts here with some frequency. That's made me interested in their hosting program. Does anyone here have any experience with Gigapros as a host??

Leave a comment:

• GoalGoGoal
    started a topic Gigapros.com shared hosting

Gigapros.com shared hosting

Hello everyone,
    Any reviews/feedback/comments on the gigapros.com shared hosting plan for beginners who wana start a vBulletin forum?
    I thinking of getting the Personal plan http://www.gigapros.com/portal/index...b-hosting.html any suggestion and feedback on this? Is this good for new forum with about few hundreds active users?

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X