X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaheen
    replied
    wow

WooW cool , I was going to tell you about great vbulletin hosting but when i checked here, most of us loves URLJET.I am a URLJet client as well and have a managed VPS .Its been more then six months with URLJETand i dont need to worry about any thing.They manage every thing for me and i love urljet for it specially hourly backup & lite speed servers.My forum runs much faster then ever before.If you want to run a vbulletin forum , i will recommend URLJET.

Leave a comment:

• nochkin
    replied
    If you are okay to manage the web server yourself, you better be with dedicated box as you will always have enough CPU power and can manage number of connections yourself.
    If your budget is not enough for a dedicated box, you can check for a virtual dedicated server.

Leave a comment:

• glennybee
    replied
    I used a managed VPS with FutureHosting.biz for a while and I could not fault them in any way. All for $30 per month.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Originally posted by birdie View Post
    I use URLJet for 4 forums - all they do is host vB forums and they have been great when I have problems (even for the 2 forums I do not host with them!)
    I have to agree. I just moved from a VPS to urljet (out of desperation to leave my host XXXXXX.com) and I've been blown away by the great support.

urljet specializes in VB hosting and it shows.

I've refrained from mentioning my previous host because I am not sure of the rules. (It rhymes with Eisenhower.com, without the sen).

Two thumbs up for urljet.
    Last edited by Harv; Tue 27 Jan '09, 8:02pm. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    None of the reliable and reputed hosting provider will allow huge number of connections on shared environment.
    You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• James-A
    replied
    Many hosting companies restrict number of mysql connections on shared hosting packages and as you are already exceeding the number of connections so I'd strictly recommend you to switch to VPS. None of the reliable and reputed hosting provider will allow huge number of connections on shared environment.

Leave a comment:

• aaraam
    replied
    try to www.raajjehost.com there shared plan can gurenteed

I run my forum since 2006
    If you want try referel aaraam you can get free one month to try

my forum is: www.maldiviandigital.com

Leave a comment:

• GregoryK
    replied
    One other option could be vertexhost.com. They offer several different hosting packages and their support is also excellent. The thing you should do, though, is look at all the different ones being offered up, compare not only price, but options and continue from there.

Leave a comment:

• fantasyvb
    replied
    I recommend lunarpages.com which has amazing speed and quick support relpy.

Leave a comment:

• JPnyc
    replied
    Originally posted by royo View Post
    Not really, if you get a managed VPS the host will take care of everything for you.
    But a managed VPS costs like three times as much. I can get a virtual dedicated server for $33 a month.

Yes, express, we do. We routinely exceed maximum requests and user connections for any type of shared hosting. I have not been able to find a shared hosting solution that gives more than 50 limit on either of those. Most, considerably less. We need at least 100 and probably more.

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    Users 30 (18 members and 12 guests)
    Most users ever online was 79, 10-13-2008 at 05:20 PM

By the looks of that, really not sure you need a vps yet, maybe a high end shared server would work.

Joey

Leave a comment:

• royo
    replied
    Not really, if you get a managed VPS the host will take care of everything for you.

Leave a comment:

• JPnyc
    replied
    http://webleedblue.net/

I'm starting to think that's the way to go. I'm going to have to go right to VDS set up. Only thing is I've never been a server administrator before, I'm just a web developer. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to need to know, because with the VDS set up the host doesn't do anything for you, you have to do it entirely on your own.

Leave a comment:

• rolypoly
    replied
    I would suggest go straight to VPS! You don't wish to keep moving your forum around. If budget allow, get a dedicated server.

Leave a comment:

• xnetco
    replied
    Originally posted by JPnyc View Post
    I've outgrown all the budget hosting packages out there. What I'm looking for is an interim package somewhere between the budget variety and virtual dedicated server variety.

The problem seems to be max user connections. The most I've found for many budget hosting plan has been 50, both to Apache and to my SQL. This is no longer enough, we are regularly exceeding it. I need one that allows upwards of 100. Anybody have a suggestion? The forum is growing by leaps and bounds, and I'll probably need a VDS soon, but I'd like to put it off as long as possible.
    What's your forum url?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X