X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Host?

Hi,

I want to ask if anybody knows a good Virtual Hosting company that will not kick my site after having a high traffic?

(of course I need the support of PHP and MYSQL to run vbulletin)

Thanks,

XStreamHosting?

I am considering xstreamhosting.com. The price seems good for the space, bandwidth, and especially all of the other features. I already talked to the owner of the place and he said that if you exceed your space or bandwidth then they send you mail and you can just upgrade to the next option or a dedicated box, whichever is next. They do that rather than shut your site down immediately <cough *communitech* cough>.

Look into them, so far I haven't heard or seen a single bad thing about 'em.
    neocronic.com- virtual addiction to a virtual world
    My Forums - Neocronic Support Group
    [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for your reply,

What about the cpu consumption? Will they ask me to delete any script that consumes too much of the server resources?

Comment

Here is the conversation I had with the owner of XStreamHosting through their little online tech support chat type window thingy. Heh. Anyway, here it is.

Visitor: 5. Do you allow users to run bulletin board scripts (specially, vBulletin, a php/mysql board)?

Mike: yes

Visitor: 6. What is the typical action taken against a user that is consuming too much bandwidth or cpu usage?

Visitor: Upgrade to the next option, or immediate suspension of domain?

Mike: notice in email
        I hope it helps
        neocronic.com- virtual addiction to a virtual world
        My Forums - Neocronic Support Group
        [email protected]

Comment

I do, and will always, recommend http://www.ThinkHost.com for basically every type of hosting, save for NT.
          Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

Originally posted by neocronic
            I am considering xstreamhosting.com. The price seems good for the space, bandwidth, and especially all of the other features. I already talked to the owner of the place and he said that if you exceed your space or bandwidth then they send you mail and you can just upgrade to the next option or a dedicated box, whichever is next. They do that rather than shut your site down immediately <cough *communitech* cough>.

Look into them, so far I haven't heard or seen a single bad thing about 'em.
            I don't pay to you but I don't like expensive reason I think so not true can't understand what is you saying for what is that program discuss, new I learn more study to you promise give structure practice for me. I want to support for you to me need learning first but I don't have web forum for picture because I don't have domain. I want to private to free only one time and 1 email especial. I know too much forum is worst discuss. I wish support for you give me become I favorite stronger then computer. I like computer fix in program new window and new technology

Comment

A good host will ask you to remove scripts that hog server resources, if they didnt they wouldnt be a very good host now would they??

If your that much of a hog, get a VPS or dedicated server, that way when your scripts mess up only your site is affected... Shared hosting is not a solution for everybody... Based on your questions I would not want my site shared on a server with you...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X