Help me... please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me... please!

First of all I will have a vBulletin running on the account with around 200 members, maybe rising to a thousand. I would think no more than 20 would be on at a time. I would have a 30 page site. What sort of space/bandwidth, and terms should I look at? I don't need subdomains, I can't spend more than £15-£20 a month. I would want to host my domain and possible another.

I have looked at hostrocket.com and they dont seem too bad.

I have seen www.web-x-press.com and although they have an excellent customer support and good reviews, they seem a bit too good to be true and were apparently reluctant to upgrade from PHP3

I've heard about www.venturesonline.com as well, who I've heard good things about.

I have seen F5hosting.com and they look very good and are my favourite at present.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it, both with what sort of things I should need (figures) and personal experiences of various hosts that would suit me. Also if you have any experiences with the above 4?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Centenary Gas; Sat 29th Sep '01, 2:49pm.
    www.footyforums.net

Our site is hosted by F5 and we are very happy. The support is wonderful and the servers are very vBulletin friendly.
    FWC
    White Sox Interactive Forums

Comment

I am almost certain to go with ventures now, simply because the only thing that puts them ahead is #bandwidth. I do have a concern with both ventures and f5, when 500mb is exceeded the costs for more get stupid, and there is no info on v650. I presume we would have to move?

Thanks
      www.footyforums.net

Comment

You might want to use the search at www.webhostingtalk.com before you decide there are a lot of stories about hosting co's there
        Windows: ctrl+alt+del

Comment

Another happy client of F5Hosting here!

My site, and my vBulletin are running splendidly there, and the support is exceptional.

Michelle

Comment

I like hostmatters.com

There most expensive account is something like $25 so its affordable for you.

Stay away from HR .. HR and VB don't mix..
            www.wannabebig.com
            www.wannabebigforums.com
            www.atlargenutrition.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X