Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treasure Quest
    replied
    That's hard to believe. Are they on VPS? That forum is much bigger than mine and I was struggling on the highest VPS using hostforweb.

Where are the raajjehost servers?

Originally posted by aaraam View Post
    here is one forum with shared hosting raajjehost.com
    http://www.maldiviandigital.com

Leave a comment:

• aaraam
    replied
    here is one forum with shared hosting raajjehost.com
    http://www.maldiviandigital.com

Leave a comment:

• KeithLuneau
    replied
    Just a bit of an update. We did go with Global Gold, and have been running great ever since. Tim did the migration for us, and was very accommodating! Any questions I've had so far (this is my first time with Plesk) he has answered quickly. Their support is outstanding, and the site is running great!

Thanks for the suggestions!
    -Keith

Leave a comment:

• redskull
    replied
    Might wana try out Sycoblue.com, they have sexy prices and ive never had a problem with them before, A dedicated server is really not needed for a community of only 5k members.

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    If the client wants to try 384 megs of ram and cpanel then that is up them and I wish them good luck with it.
    Will not get into a argument here with you chopper, the client can try whatever he likes.

Leave a comment:

• choppers4life
    replied
    Here is one that is active with hacks. It is on a cpanel vps with 384mb ram
    http://www.bikersforums.net

Seems to be working pretty good?

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    No that is not correct, I just like to make points about something from experience when someone recommends something. If the client wants to try 384 megs of ram and cpanel then that is up them and I wish them good luck with it. If they have a active forum they will have issues though with amount of ram.

Joey

Leave a comment:

• choppers4life
    replied
    As always Joey you know everything and everyone else is wrong. Even if there is proof.

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    We have many sites that use vbulletin, "MANY" and I will tell you that if a vbulletin gets active and is uses cpanel that it will come to a crawl with 384 megs of ram. I talk with nick at cpanel on daily basis and have used it for 10 years so we know about how it plays with cpanel..

Joey

Leave a comment:

• choppers4life
    replied
    Originally posted by express View Post
    If you are using cpanel it will struggle with 384.

Joey

The new WHM 11.24.2 will work fine with 384mb ram on a vps. Dont want to go any lower then that though.

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    Do not over pay for rackspace, there are other very good companies out there that are alot less and have the same or better support time.

Joey

Leave a comment:

• crud2009
    replied
    Originally posted by KeithLuneau View Post
    Hi, I'm currently running my forum in Lunarpages, I've been there almost two years now. They were a good host for the most part. (Aside from a little downtime here and there, and one hard disk failure that left me with a corrupted database, and they charged me for a copy of their backup. Not cool.)

Anyway, I just got a message from them saying that my account was using too much resources. They chmodded showthread.php to 000 and changed ownership so I couldn't fix it. After I turned off some plugins and features in vB, then enabled the script again. That was yesterday, today they emailed me and said I was using more CPU than before!

I guess I've simply outgrown their shared hosting. Can someone recommend a cheap reliable host based on the figure I've got?

Members - 4,870
    Threads - 22,719
    Posts - 335,501
    Average about 500 members logging in per day for the past few months.
    Average about 35 new threads/day over the past few months.
    Average about 500 new posts/day over the past few months.
    I'm using 3GB of disk space, MySQL is using 390MB.
    Bandwidth is about 150-200GB/month over the past year.

Thanks in advance!
    -Keith
    You probably would want to go with Rackspace.com

They are expensive, but they are very good, and reliable as well

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    If you are using cpanel it will struggle with 384.

Joey

Leave a comment:

• James-A
    replied
    384 MB RAM would be enough.

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    Make sure you get enough ram on that vps or you will be worst off then you were.

Joey

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X