Finally, a host for my board after nightmare hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, a host for my board after nightmare hosts

I read in here about http://www.globalgold.co.uk/ and the fact they had dedicated VBull hosting plans. They do, and after 3 different hosts shutting us down for ''using to many resources'' moving and paying somebody to move me I am happy.

http://www.globalgold.co.uk/ actually moved, and set my board up for me this last time. Tim was very accomodating and we were online again in less than 3 days time.

I have a hobby board, we have between 10-40 people online at once, maximum on rare ocations it can spike higher so the resource thing was burning my rear trying to fit THIER (former hosts) plan.GG

The basic plan on GG said 200 so I went with that plan. Stress is gone, I am happy.

Glad to hear you found a host that fits your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by williamgamer View Post
      I read in here about http://www.globalgold.co.uk/ and the fact they had dedicated VBull hosting plans. They do, and after 3 different hosts shutting us down for ''using to many resources'' moving and paying somebody to move me I am happy.

I have a hobby board, we have between 10-40 people online at once
      You was kicked off 3 servers for having 10-40 users online?

Comment

you can try hostgator, for 1 forum, i think it is ok for you, i have use for www.wordpublish.org , it is very cheap also.

Comment

I don't think 10-40 online users will take up much resources.. host won't kick you for that.

Pretty strange though.

Comment

You was kicked off 3 servers for having 10-40 users online?
            LOL never heard that before, on mine i get about 30 - 40 a day. some board hosts clearly dont know how to host a board properly.. these bulletin boards dont take up much, so why limit it when your PAYING for it?
            Jut a random internet person.

A message to all illegal users!

Comment

I had exactly the same issue with 30-70 users on at a time, frequently. "Max connections exceeded." And restricted mysql db even though I still had 19,000 MB unused filespace. I told them flatly I didn't need to upgrade and pay another $1,200 a year for more unused filespace.

So HostGator became very accomodating and I thought I had worked out the answer with them. Was very pleased with the result (was going to post so on this board this weekend.) They moved my site to what the support guy Nate C. described as a brand new server with massive amounts of space. Never have another problem, according to that particular support person.

Then today another staff group who are unaware of the history decided they were moving my site AGAIN - with NO WARNING. No chance even to turn off the board, much less warn the users. No continuity of history or communications within HG. No coordination with me.

So board is down right now, unannounced, no notice showing why. I am not sure if users are accessing the old site and making posts we will loose. My users are on that board 24/7 and this is absolutely unacceptable.

So I see why there are so many questions about finding good hosts. I see why so many boards go from one host to another.

Anyone know of a host that is respectful and understanding both of the customer and their own fellow support staff? Never mind the package they sell, that's the secondary consideration at this point.

Comment

Mary,
                It maybe a call to move to a VPS or dedicated server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X