• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xnetco
    replied
    Originally posted by monstermunch View Post
    I thought they also offered dedicated when i looked at their website
    They offer, shared, VPS/VMs and dedicated.

Leave a comment:

• monstermunch
    replied
    Originally posted by xnetco View Post
    They use a VPS.
    I thought they also offered dedicated when i looked at their website

Leave a comment:

• xnetco
    replied
    Originally posted by monstermunch View Post
    Sounds good, are you on a dedicated server or one of their VPS packages?
    They use a VPS.

Leave a comment:

• monstermunch
    replied
    Originally posted by TalkPhotography View Post
    Theyre spot on IMO. They host our Photography Forum for us, and we' couldn't be happier.

Any problems (which have been very very few) have been rectified quickly.

Our forum is roughly 400-500 on at any one time (including guests).
    1700 members per day
    250 threads per day
    3000 posts per day

Don't have any slowdowns either, and the server copes with the times we've had stupidly high peaks too, without breaking a sweat.
    Sounds good, are you on a dedicated server or one of their VPS packages?

Leave a comment:

• TalkPhotography
    replied
    Theyre spot on IMO. They host our Photography Forum for us, and we' couldn't be happier.

Any problems (which have been very very few) have been rectified quickly.

Our forum is roughly 400-500 on at any one time (including guests).
    1700 members per day
    250 threads per day
    3000 posts per day

Don't have any slowdowns either, and the server copes with the times we've had stupidly high peaks too, without breaking a sweat.
    Last edited by TalkPhotography; Tue 3 Feb '09, 5:49am.

Leave a comment:

• monstermunch
    replied
    I would be interested to know what packages people took out with global gold and how big their forums are, anyone care to share? thanks

Leave a comment:

• ia021170
    replied
    I took out a plan with GlobalGold yesterday and Tim has been most helpful in getting everything moved over from my old server.
    Highly recommended!

Leave a comment:

• jack-d
    replied
    After reading all of the positive comments about Global I just called Tim and I must say that I was rather impressed.

So I have decided to move and hopefully the service will be as good as everyone has said.

Tim was very helpful and in fact he is going to do the move himself which is a surprise to me. I have always done this myself and thought what the hell, I can sit back and relax and let Tim take care of it.

I guess I will know in a few days how things are working and I will update this later if anyone is interested in Global feedback.

Leave a comment:

• Fender
    replied
    I am in Canada and just transferred from GoDaddy over to GlobalGold. I could NOT be happier. The service with Tim is the best I've ever experienced for any kind of product. All the problems and errors I was having with Godaddy are now GONE. I highly recommend them for a vBulletin host!!!!

Leave a comment:

• xnetco
    replied
    Originally posted by silentdub View Post
    Oh ok, so it isn't a real count, just a guarantee that it will handle 200, there could be another 100 people just sitting back doing nothing then.
    Exactly. Just a guide really.

Leave a comment:

• silentdub
    replied
    Originally posted by xnetco View Post
    Those prices are just a guide of how many simultaneous online users the platform can handle.

Oh ok, so it isn't a real count, just a guarantee that it will handle 200, there could be another 100 people just sitting back doing nothing then.

Leave a comment:

• xnetco
    replied
    Originally posted by silentdub View Post
    Do most services have a limit on the number of users though, I am looking that over, and it seems that there is a limit of 200 users for the economy plan. the 750 option gets real expensive after that.

I guess I need to contact them and find out.
    Those prices are just a guide of how many simultaneous online users the platform can handle.

Leave a comment:

• silentdub
    replied
    Originally posted by Andrea86 View Post
    Hi, I heartily recommend Global Gold. I was completely new to vB thus Tim installed the forum for free and inquires from time to time whether everything is okay. I`m very pleased with the service, it is what it`s meant to be.

Do most services have a limit on the number of users though, I am looking that over, and it seems that there is a limit of 200 users for the economy plan. the 750 option gets real expensive after that.

I guess I need to contact them and find out.

Leave a comment:

• Andrea86
    replied
    Hi, I heartily recommend Global Gold. I was completely new to vB thus Tim installed the forum for free and inquires from time to time whether everything is okay. I`m very pleased with the service, it is what it`s meant to be.

Leave a comment:

• silentdub
    replied
    Made my decision easy, I was just looking for a joint to hose me.

Done.

They will even install VB for free.

Done and done.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X