Any good *UK* hosts for Vbulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good *UK* hosts for Vbulletin?

Im looking to set up my first Vbulletin forum and i am looking for a tried an tested Host from the UK which will be able to handle atleast 100 online at once posting. I don't know anything about database size or bandwith so can someone please direct me to a host that will be able to handle that sort of traffic?

The only experience i had with uk hosting was viper.uk.net

Comment

Hi Floris,

Can you please give me some advice regarding how much space / size of database i would require for a simple start up forum on my newly registered domain. I won't be hosting anything other than a forum on my site. As a complete an utter noob to Vbulletin and website design in general I'm interesting in setting up ONLY a forum on my site as a little side hobby and have reached the stage of looking for hosting...its going to be a long path.

I need something where im not running out of space / size if my forum were to attract alot of members which i believe it will.

Comment

You might be able to go with a shared host for starters, and then grow to a VPS and then dedicated server in the future. You will have to move if you go down this path, but you won't be paying extra for resources you don't need yet.
        Oppressed.

Comment

Thanks Royo, what kind of webspace / bandwith should i be looking to purchase as a bare minimum to ensure im not going to slow my site down?

Comment

Hi there, if you want a really good and flexible host that will help you "grow" your site/forum then talk to GLOBAL GOLD , they have a wide range of solutions and will tailor a package to suit your needs.

I have been hosted by them now for 9+months and the service is excellent,they have gone to amazing lengths to help me and I know there are a lot of vBulletin forums hosted there and those admins all say the same.

Comment

On the subject of UK host's dose anyone use http://www.uk2.net/

I have a VPS at the moment running a really old version of SQL and they wont upgrade it for me, so I'm going to ditch the hole lot and just go for a smaller package to run a couple of site's.

Xray

Comment

Originally posted by CareyCrew View Post
                Hi there, if you want a really good and flexible host that will help you "grow" your site/forum then talk to GLOBAL GOLD , they have a wide range of solutions and will tailor a package to suit your needs.

I have been hosted by them now for 9+months and the service is excellent,they have gone to amazing lengths to help me and I know there are a lot of vBulletin forums hosted there and those admins all say the same.
                I also use http://www.globalgold.co.uk/ and I have to say they are the best hosts I have ever had dealings with as they are very fast with support and they would be no problems in dealing with your websites.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X