No announcement yet.

Host Gator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also recommend hostgator.com. There support is phenomenal and any and all issues I have ever had, they have resolved them quickly.

I love their 24/7 support, and all the features that I receive. No one can beat them in my book.
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

For all those recommending Hostgator with past experience, please state which plan you are using?

Also, if i open a new forums, I expect only about 50 users max at a time in the future? Which plan should i choose?

Comment

I host a small forum on a hatchling plan and have had absolutely no problems and the support is top notch.
        I just had an issue with a mod_security setting and was able to have it fixed in less then 10 minutes using live chat support.
        The only issue you may have is that HG limits you to 30 concurrent connections per mysql user

Comment

Originally posted by Bizstudent View Post
          For all those recommending Hostgator with past experience, please state which plan you are using?

Also, if i open a new forums, I expect only about 50 users max at a time in the future? Which plan should i choose?
          If you need more than 1 domain name then the smallest package will not work, there may be other differences as well. Otherwise I cannot tell any difference. You should be fine, I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mcrider View Post
            I host a small forum on a hatchling plan and have had absolutely no problems and the support is top notch.
            I just had an issue with a mod_security setting and was able to have it fixed in less then 10 minutes using live chat support.
            The only issue you may have is that HG limits you to 30 concurrent connections per mysql user
            25, not 30. It still works fine for me.

Comment

It was increased to 30

Edit: added link
              http://forums.hostgator.com/showpost...72&postcount=1

Edit again:
              The support portal says 25....lol
              Either way there shouldn't be a problem
              Last edited by mcrider; Sat 24th Oct '09, 6:35pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Chimpie View Post
                I've been using HG for two years, running three forums on one server. No problems here.
                Originally posted by noserver View Post
                Hostgator still good for me too nothing big problem at all
                Originally posted by Abomination View Post
                Hostgator works well for me.

We have had 60+ users on at the same time, no problem for us. As far as I'm concerned it works amazingly well. Not even close to using up significant resources.
                I also use HostGator. I've had anywhere from 35-235 users online at one time. No Problems. Their support has been great going on 3 years now. SwampCroc shared hosting.

Comment

I'm using hostgator right now and am having a difficult time. I have about 2500 users/day and growing on my site and their server is killing vbulletin DB queries. I have tons of "query killed" messages in the log. It's killing my performance and they won't do anything about it.

Comment

oxxus.net is a better option.
                    The guys at bigfooty.com I think use hostgator and they are always getting server busy messages.
                    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

We have had 30-50 users online all day today. I modified the vb code to allow identical posts to be made as fast as possible. I downloaded a fire fox macro add on and had some posts with lots of smilies made over and over. 300 posts is 5 minutes/once per second. I was attempting to see how close we are to outgrowing host gator shared hosting.

There was no difference in performance or resources used in the cpanel.

Comment

I would be very surprised if BigFooty is using hostgator for their hosting.

Comment

I've never been a customer at us but I always had very good feedback: competent customer service, fast servers and for most, no downtime.

Comment

i am new with host gator but i am haveing a data error problem with the cms Publisher for 4.0 vb so i disabled that option everything works well for the forum and blog/ but cms has a problem i hear right now i was just thought it might be something with host gator thanks

Comment

I just left my own dedicated server, (way to much for my site and budged now) I found http://www.urljet.com/ and I must say I that they are #1 in my book for a VPS. They specialize in vbulletin forums. I let them move my sites, and nothing went wrong. They even took care of the propagation issue that you have when you make DNS changes. (no member of mine even knew I moved servers) I have only been there 24 hours, and I really love what they have done for my vbulletin forum. (support)

I have had two different data base error issues since the move. They ever support issue in vbulletin, they fixed both of my data base error problems. Really to be honest if you have a vbulletin forum they manage your VPS, and support your vbulletin, and it is included with the hosting package.

You don't know what it means to me to be able to go to my server manager, and have a vbulletin problem, and they know what you are talking about, since the know vbulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrestling-Forums View Post
                                I would never go with Hostgator. They are such oversellers. Is it true if you have more than 15 users on at once they suspend your account?
                                I was having around 900 users online at one wordpress blog and on vb it was around 600+. Nothing happened

Please don't speculate.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X