Host Gator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host Gator?

What you think about host gator I m planing to move my site there. I have 100,000 member but 90,000 are not active and around 50 to 60 online at a time so what you think about it..

thanks
    Http://Desi-Forumz.Com,
    Where All Bollywood and Indian Tv Shows Search ENDS.

They are an overseller. With that many members You would be best to go with a small vps. Shared might work for awhile It depends on the host.

Comment

Originally posted by AKapadia View Post
      What you think about host gator I m planing to move my site there. I have 100,000 member but 90,000 are not active and around 50 to 60 online at a time so what you think about it..

thanks
      A shared host might work okay for you. Hostgator is a good host, even though they oversell. If you take too much CPU, they will give you a kick, but thats the case with any shared host.
      Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

They are way more strict about CPU usage than others.

Comment

I would suggest byethost

Comment

I don't suggest Byethost. IMO, they are very unprofessional. For example, let's say your URL is:

www.sitename.com

But you misspell it

www.sitenam.com

It redirects you to a page with some serious pop-up and lag issues. Horrible. But that's just my input.

I'd go Bluehost, but that's just my input.

Comment

That misspelling part has nothing to do with your webhost.
              Oppressed.

Comment

I am with hostgator, but do not host my forums there. Our database is very small, so it doesn't matter anyway.

However, I would recommend a VPS. For mine, I use Futurehosting.biz , and their support is excellant, as well as lots of VPS choices, free ram upgrade and choice between cPanel/WHM and Plesk on your server. Thats my choice.

Comment

I left hostgator two months ago, they have too many customers per staff. www.bionic-hosting.co.uk are good. They offer shared or vps which should could cover your forum.

They are still quite small but growing. Some great reviews.

Have a look or drop them an email [email protected]

Comment

I would never go with Hostgator. They are such oversellers. Is it true if you have more than 15 users on at once they suspend your account?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrestling-Forums View Post
                      I would never go with Hostgator. They are such oversellers. Is it true if you have more than 15 users on at once they suspend your account?

Can anyone confirm this ??????
                      www.byronbayforum.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by kinosabi View Post
                        Can anyone confirm this ??????
                        Hostgator works well for me.

We have had 60+ users on at the same time, no problem for us. As far as I'm concerned it works amazingly well. Not even close to using up significant resources.

Comment

Hostgator still good for me too nothing big problem at all

Comment

Originally posted by Wrestling-Forums View Post
                            I had listened that Hostgator was/is a good companion...

No?

Comment

I've been using HG for two years, running three forums on one server. No problems here.
                              CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X