• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are some of the best hosting companies

Im in the US.

Moved to a more appropriate location.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Not sure what the best are, but I just decided to give NameCheap.com a go. Seeing as my domain is also registered with them. They seem like a very proffesional company where domain selling is concerned, they've been around for ever. So I think the same can be expected of there new and recent venture into hosting sites.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
        Not sure what the best are, but I just decided to give NameCheap.com a go. Seeing as my domain is also registered with them. They seem like a very proffesional company where domain selling is concerned, they've been around for ever. So I think the same can be expected of there new and recent venture into hosting sites.
        Please dont take it personally
        I would suggest you to search a host who is in hosting business since long time, dont go with a host who is newbie host or just entering into this highly competitive world. Your website is valuable for you so better to go with a host who have good reputation and know what they are doing. Usually domain registrar should not be consider as good webhost as hosting may be their secondary business
        I will advice you to choose webhost after doing your homework better ask for your chosen webhost at webmastertalk or at other hosting forums.

Comment

No, I don't take it personally one bit

The way I look at it is like this. NameCheap are a very well known business, I think it's fair to say they are one of the top domain name sellers out there alongside GoDaddy. They have a proven track record over a long time. So I expect there new hosting service will prove to be the same. Remember, I'm not hosting a forum that requires a database. Just a basic website that doesn't really require anything special.

Comment

I'm using Hostgator and it works for me. Also check here: http://webhostingtalk.com/
            vBProjects - Professional vBulletin Services and Solutions
            vBSpring - Premium vBulletin Add-ons

Comment

@MRGTB :
              I am not against NameCheap or had never used their services but i know more about Godaddy [ domain reseller ] who has hard time for hosting business. they are into hosting busines due to their overselling marketing strategy. I cant imagine Namecheap [domain resller ] can do better in hosting as hosting business need much strong technical skills and excellent backbone. Running a webhostign business is not a easy game to play with I can just wish them BEST LUCK for their new venture.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                No, I don't take it personally one bit

The way I look at it is like this. NameCheap are a very well known business, I think it's fair to say they are one of the top domain name sellers out there alongside GoDaddy. They have a proven track record over a long time. So I expect there new hosting service will prove to be the same. Remember, I'm not hosting a forum that requires a database. Just a basic website that doesn't really require anything special.
                Both godaddy and namecheap has got a poor reputation as a host. The fact is, hosting as a business is different from domain registration. For doamins, you wont need any real customer support, you wont have to deal with technical issues - as long as it point s to the right place and they are fair with the charges it is fine.

If you are looking for a good host, you better select a well known host like hostgator or liquidweb. They have a more friendly support, will handle technical issues and uptime with better care. I have used both godaddy and hostgator for hosting and I can tell you the difference.
                Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

maybe your right then

Comment

I'm with hostgator, and sometimes I have some sql database overloads, and my forums go down for a good 20 minutes. Other than that, they're good.

The best is definitely HostPC. Excellent service! And their hosting is just perfect. I was on a shared server with them for over a year and never once had a problem. They don't oversell you at all, like 99% of other companies do on shared hosting.

Comment

definitely go to www.1and1.com they are a premier web hosting company with much to offer! The deals they offer are amazing especially with cheap domain prices. I fully recommend this website to all customers and all peers. As a gaming enthusiast and website developer, i must admit that this is a wonderful provider.

Comment

Bad advertising, everyone knows it's terrible :/.
                        Oppressed.

Comment

I'm using bluehost .. so far so good .. nothing that really impressme but have a great customer service at least.

Comment

Originally posted by J R View Post
                            Im in the US.
                            I recently (3 months ago) moved my forum from shared hosting at ASmallOrange.com to a VPS package at ServInt.net. I was with ASO for about two years and experienced trouble nearly EVERY DAY. Their customer service is great if you don't actually need them to do something. Right before I dumped them, the hard drive on my server died and we actually lost numerous threads from my forum. It took them two weeks to get the server running normally again, during which time they were largely unresponsive. And to this day, they haven't expressed any concern at all for the data that was lost. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone at all, period. They are awful.

ServInt.net has been a breath of fresh air. You can actually call and talk to someone if need be. My server has been rock solid with not one issue, as it should be since my forum is fairly small (870 total members, 20 or so max online at once). I wish I had found them years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lottidah View Post
                              I recently (3 months ago) moved my forum from shared hosting at ASmallOrange.com to a VPS package at ServInt.net. I was with ASO for about two years and experienced trouble nearly EVERY DAY. Their customer service is great if you don't actually need them to do something. Right before I dumped them, the hard drive on my server died and we actually lost numerous threads from my forum. It took them two weeks to get the server running normally again, during which time they were largely unresponsive. And to this day, they haven't expressed any concern at all for the data that was lost. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone at all, period. They are awful.

ServInt.net has been a breath of fresh air. You can actually call and talk to someone if need be. My server has been rock solid with not one issue, as it should be since my forum is fairly small (870 total members, 20 or so max online at once). I wish I had found them years ago.
                              ASO, was very highly rated here last year. I went with them also, but had real problems trying files to them in mass. Always timed out all the time, which always meant I had to upload the forum in parts to get it all uploaded etc. I also started to see lots of downtime also. I think they have a really good looking service, it's just a pity the sevice itself is not as good as they appear.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X