hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hosting

how much do you pay for hosting? i was told i might need dedicated hosting.. i looked at the rates, and they're very expensive.

I use Global Gold's VPS package and there the best host I have been with : http://www.globalgold.co.uk/vps/ very fast servers and good support.

Comment

so i need a vps?

Comment

No. I've been using http://iiPanel.net I haven't used any other hosting comany so I can't give you a comparison.

The hosting plans
        I suggest getting the "iiSmall" plan since since you are just starting out.
        Last edited by harmor; Tue 10 Jun '08, 10:22pm.

Comment

I'm using webair right now, and their saying i need more than the 19.99 a month. I think the vps is 39.99

Comment

It depends where you live really on which host to pick, if you live in the UK your better of with a UK host and if you live in USA then you need a USA hosting company.

Comment

Im in the US. can you name me all of the good hosting companies?

Comment

We use http://www.asmallorange.com/ and have been quite pleased with them for the past few years we've been online now. Quick response to trouble tickets and smart folks.
                Shopping for a HOST? Ask me about A Small Orange

Comment

Dedicated sevrers cost a lot. If you dont have much traffic, you may do with a shared hosting or at best a VPS. Post your traffic details/max users online for a suggestion. Asmallorange, Liquidweb, hostgator etc. are good hosts as a genereral recommendation.
                  Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

Whats the definition of a large board

mine is 600mb that's the DB size actual web space is 11GB and I shoot through 200GB a month on bandwidth. Over 11mil hits per month and over 90k visits, 50k + unique and 500k+ pages.

Now I'm considering looking for a new host famous words but looking for reliable more than ££ I use WHM cpanel so I'd prefer to use the same, plus I host a few plans for buddies.

Any suggestions on a good hosting co. pref in the UK. I'm only looking to move my big site the rest I'm happy to work with my current hosting co.

Comment

Its not a matter of price for your hosting, how big is your board, how much space do you need and the bandwidth etc.
                      Sound District

Comment

DB is at present 600mb, bandwidth would need to be atleast 300gb to give enough headroom for current usage and growth. Harddisk space circa 20GB req again to cover existing and growth.

Comment

You can get away with a shared or small vps.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X