Spanked by HostRocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanked by HostRocket

I've been a customer with HostRocket only 2 months, with vBulletin Board installed on my account. Yesterday, for no apparent reason, my site goes down and I am unable to connect via FTP, my control panel, or access my e-mail.

With no warning from HR, my account was "auto-suspended because whatever processes you were running overloaded the servers". The only processes would have been from vB and phpNuke. I get maybe 6-8 simultaneous users on vB at any time and not many page views.

It has been over 30 hours and this issue still has not been resolved with HR. I'm tired of playing "trouble-ticket tag" with lag responses, and tired of talking to voice mail from a cellphone number, instead of speaking to someone over a dedicated general support phone line.

I do have to say, that prior to this incident, I was pretty well pleased by HR for the short time I have been a customer. My opinion is changing rapidly, and I'm looking into what options I have from here if they don't get my account back up. Especially for being placed in the penalty box with no warning, and not being offered any direction.

Try http://www.venturesonline.com . I run phpnuke and vBulletin there without any problems.
    Ueli

Comment

Strange. Some folks run *much* busiers vBulletin boards at hostrocket than yours with no problem at all. I know some versions of nuke are super buggy, so maybe you should check that you have the latest one or use vbportal or something instead...

Comment

Sorry to hear, but as a satisfied HR customer, I'm surprised to hear. Have you contacted HR?
        Marc James
        Sports Central Beyond the Scores
        Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

Quote: " I'm tired of playing "trouble-ticket tag" with lag responses, and tired of talking to voice mail from a cellphone number, instead of speaking to someone over a dedicated general support phone line. "

Yes, I'd he's contacted HR about it. I am another HR customer and I cannot say I am overly enthused with their performance.

Comment

Im an HR customer, I've run PHPNUKE with no probs. I just run a small site, but I havent had any probs with vB except this week, which has been very slow for me many times for some reason..
            forums: pcfx.cc
            gallery: here

Comment

I've had TT responses in < 5 minutes at HR

Comment

Originally posted by orca
                Try http://www.venturesonline.com . I run phpnuke and vBulletin there without any problems.

Gee your hardly bashing the server are you?

There are currently 1 members and 3 guests on the boards. | Most users ever online was 8 on 15th August 2001 at 01:37.
                http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

I have multiple accounts on HR and on Ventures Online

I must say that VO is much faster, more friendly, and just overall better.... they even promoted the use of vBulletin (they banned UBBs)

HR was good... but it pissed me off when a credit card payment didnt go through... they emailed me about it... and before I could respond to fix it and put it on a diff credit card... they put the payment through as debit... which gave me a $20 fee at my bank.....
                  Yep Yep

Comment

VO sucks first they dont give you as much space or bandwidth for your money, and they dont allowed UBB, so any kind of high-end bb board that uses cgi you cant use, or for a matter of fact any kind of script that is cgi that use that? And they gip you out of money

Comment

Hmmmm.....I've found VO to be an excellent web hosting company. My previous host was HostRocket and I had many bad experiences with them. VO has been perfect.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by atrl
                        VO sucks first they dont give you as much space or bandwidth for your money, and they dont allowed UBB, so any kind of high-end bb board that uses cgi you cant use, or for a matter of fact any kind of script that is cgi that use that? And they gip you out of money
                        *me stuffs a cream pie in atrl's face*

Comment

And they gip you out of money

Hmm atrl Care to show proof of your big words?

they dont give you as much space or bandwidth for your money

What do you expect for $24.95 a Deicated server?

and they dont allowed UBB

This is the only part of your post that is true, we dont allow UBB Cause it is poorly coded and is a cpu hog.
                          Paul L.
                          http://www.bassboattalk.com

Comment

i cancelled my service and for the next 3 months they kept charging me, ive never heard of anyone else doing that for 3 months ya think they would have figured out then they didnt wanna give me the money back for it, yeah so i think they suck

Comment

Originally posted by atrl
                              i cancelled my service and for the next 3 months they kept charging me, ive never heard of anyone else doing that for 3 months ya think they would have figured out then they didnt wanna give me the money back for it, yeah so i think they suck
                              that seems rather odd to me. my check for September never got there and all I got was an ICQ message from Daniel letting me know. The mail here on Hawaii was screwed up for a while when they shut down air traffic.
                              I told them I'd send it off tomorrow and everything was fine with them. Does that sound like a company that would rip someone off?

As for support, I've never had any better in my 3-odd years running websites and servers. if anyone asks me (and they often do) I always highly recommend Ventures Online
                              Webmaster:
                              @forumz

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X