No announcement yet.

HostGator??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, do not use HOSTGATOR, I have Hostgator right now and they are worse than WoWBB, that says it all. I regret that I ever went to them. As of now I am leaving them because they keep blocking my site due to overflow of emails that neither I nor my members caused. Obviously a somebody hacked my Control Panel and they are using my email. The thing is that Hostgator is taking too too long investigation this problems, in the meantime my site has been completely down for about 12 hrs., and this is the third time that happens and cannot correct the problem.

Go somewhere else, please, don't go to Hostgator, you will have a better virtual life away from them.

Comment

I've got very good experience with HG. Quick support, excellent features and low price!

Comment

i run my forum in hostgator and i have ~ 3k visitor/day with no problems

i recommend it for you
        http://www.SaudiZoom.com

Comment

Originally posted by txspaderz View Post
          Umm, to get SSH just request it in live chat or call in. We give it out to everyone. However it's Jailed Shell, not full.

The only complaint we get is when users go over the 25 process limit or the 25% of CPU usage for 90 seconds. If you do that, you will be suspended.
          That makes me think twice.

Comment

Used both

Hostgator and Reliable hosting.

Hostgator provide a good reseller account at a reasonable price, their support has been reasonable but as others have previously commented they can be a little slow.

My main bug with Hostgator is that their live chat/support is not usually operated by genuine support but instead by an operative who takes the nature of the query from you, does not have the technical ability to solve the issue so then tells you to raise a ticket. To me, that is not genuine support and this is where their live chat fails and fails miserably.

To be fair to hostgator, I've not had too many problems and when I have it's usually been a reasonably low end user problem. I use just 1% of the resources I pay for (this will shortly change) Overall I'd rate them enough for people to give them a shot.

-- --

I've also used reliable hosting and although they don't offer a reseller package at the same level as Hostgator they do offer much more or much less depending on what you require.

What I will say with reliable is that thie live support is exactly that, their support operatives are highly accomplished individuals that seem to easily respond to any issue with a good degree of competence. In all the time I used them there wasn't ever a problem that they couldn't sort out. Tickets sometimes needed to be raised but even that was seamless. Reliable are not the cheapest but they do not compromise on their services and I would fully recommend them to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by dkon26 View Post
              That makes me think twice.
              Shouldn't be. if someone take 25% of resources on a servers thats supposed to be supporting 100s of sites, obviously he need to be shown the door. Suspending such users will only help the other 99% of people who hosted on the same server.
              Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X