Any Review on Linode hosts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Review on Linode hosts ?

just got a chance to look at this exciting host, any reviews or experiences with these guys ?

I just signed up with Linode a couple of weeks ago after researching many unmanaged VPS providers.

I've just been playing around with it so far - I haven't actually used it for a production site yet, so I can't really give it a thorough review.

I really like what I've experienced so far though:

They started out offering UML based VPSs but this week they made the switch to providing Xen based VPSs.

They have 3 different data centers to choose from:
    1. GNAX - Atlanta, GA
    2. ThePlanet - Dallas,TX
    3. Hurricane Electric - Fremont,CA

One of the few VPS providers (that I could find) that allows you to create multiple disk images and then mount file systems to them. So, you can move your /home or any other file system to its own disk image.

There's a very active and helpful IRC channel - There's almost always a staff member(s) monitoring the channel.

Console access via SSH and web-based console access from within your account manager. So, you don't need to open a support ticket when you lock yourself out.

You're also able to add additional storage, RAM, transfer, and ip addresses to your account - something that isn't available at a lot of VPS providers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X