Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• syrus.xl
    replied
    Godaddy is well known for restrictions on shared hosting. I think Godaddy should only be considered if you require VPS or dedicated hosting, which gives you full control of how the server is configured, and not restricted in anyway.

You might get away with running a small vBulletin community on Godaddy shared hosting, but I can't see it would last long if you start hogging server resources. They have limitations and restrictive scripts in place to prevent anyone taking too much CPU resources, so you don't take the entire server down.

Leave a comment:

• 2theskies
    started a topic godaddy

godaddy

I'm confused...I've read the posts here and it seems that people here are running vbulletin on godaddy hosting...

I was told godaddy doesn't allow forums to be used because they want people to use their own software. I've read forums with people who couldn't get the functions of other forums to work because godaddy blocks them...true???

I just purchased vbulletin about an hour ago and I use godaddy right now but not for the site I'm about to open.

Would it be ok for me to use godaddy with my vbulletin?

I want to, but I don't want any problems with godaddy.

It is linux hosting w/ godaddy...

Which is the truth? Godaddy doesn't allow vbulletin and other forums so that people will use their software instead of others - or vbulletin works fine with godaddy? Which one?

--- EDIT ----
    OH

and i'll have over 5000 registered members and a few hundred online at the same time....

growing fast...maybe 50-100 new members a day.
    Last edited by 2theskies; Mon 25 Feb '08, 7:01pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X