• Show
Clear All

• Be aware from hostican

hi every one

im sad

because my site closed without any obvious really cause

my forum growing and some body advice me to join hostican

and i contact the presale team

The pre-sales support team is the very best I've ever seen, just until the customer has been "captured"!

and i get the vps

for 3 months every thing ok

until before 1 week

VPS closed, no panel access, sites down... no response from support team....

switched to a fully terminated account without any chance to setup a notice page for the users.and without any previous notification about abuse or something else.

I'm very disappointed

i decide to enter hostican forum to know what happen but im shocked

they banned me for nothing

ha ha ha

they deal with situation like achild

and then some of our members register and request our backup

they lie on board and tell him that:

we provide you with full backup

and when we embarrased them on thier board

they give backup for 10 hrs only

is that good way to deal with customers

i contact the poorly support team and no response

it is the worst tech support team I've ever seen.

and after that they steal our money residual for 8 months

on hostican

after exactly 35 days of good service (no chance to have the money back after 30 days) you suddenly began to limit resources
    they tried to force you for an upgrade to a vps and after that to dedicated server!!!

so be aware from this host

They have been recommending via word of mouth on this forum a lot. Something I consider advertising if you push it constantly. I am sorry to hear you experienced their service like this.

Comment

yes i live in country which is very defficult to pay per month so i pay per annum

and im not only one treated like that from hostican

there r many customers suffer especilly this month from this company

thanks

Comment

i am also having alot of issues with them and they were referred by this forum and the hosting forum...

i have 75-125 users at a time and they are telling me i need a dedicated server.

i started out with a shared server and then went to VPS about a month ago on their recommendation now they say i need a dedicated server.

it is funny because one of their tech support was looking at my usage and said i did not need a dedicated even though we asked him a few times...now all of a sudden i do need one and there are many complaints on their forum with other people having the same issue.
        My Brand New Forum:
        Best Destination Wedding

http://www.adminfusion.com/forums/usercp.php

Comment

I see a few threads about how bad this host is, I would suggest checking on a site like webhostingtalk to do some background research on a host.

Sorry your having troubles, I know how much of a pain it can be to find a new host.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
            I see a few threads about how bad this host is, I would suggest checking on a site like webhostingtalk to do some background research on a host.

Sorry your having troubles, I know how much of a pain it can be to find a new host.
            hi brandon, thanks for the encouragement...i did do my reserch here and on webhostingtalk... but i guess it wasn't enough. they were GREAT at first...aren't they all.
            My Brand New Forum:
            Best Destination Wedding

http://www.adminfusion.com/forums/usercp.php

Comment

I'm very happy with Servint
              I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

Did you really need to bump a 2-year-old thread to tell us that?
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't noticed! my apologies
                  I could sell you my unused vB4 Suite license, but I'm not so cruel...

Comment

Bluehost is a good service though, too bad it only offers shared hosting plans. I will have to switch to a VPS someday since my forum will reach 100,000 posts and 1500 members very very soon.

Comment

Have you decided on your VPS?

Comment

Originally posted by friscogal View Post
                        hi brandon, thanks for the encouragement...i did do my reserch here and on webhostingtalk... but i guess it wasn't enough. they were GREAT at first...aren't they all.
                        hopefully you had a backup :|
                        -- Web Developer for hire
                        ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X