No announcement yet.

VPS for mediunum size vBulletin forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPS for mediunum size vBulletin forum?

can anyone recommend a host company that has a VPS system that can handle a medium vbulletin forum (about 75-125 user on at a time).
    i was with bluehost then hostican and everything was great but once i got past the "trial" period my forum started experiencing problems. Everytime they tell me i need to tweak the forum to their specification and i do that and things will be fine for a month or so then down again. I even spoke to their tech support many times to see if i needed to go to a dedicated host and he said no, they would put me on different server and it would be ok for a little while.

they say vbulleting software and script are the problems.

can anyone that has a medium vbulletin forum recommend their host?
    My Brand New Forum:
    Best Destination Wedding

http://www.adminfusion.com/forums/usercp.php

VPS can easily handle 75-125 online at a time. There wont be any problems on a VPS. It all depends on how the servers are managed.
    Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
    Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

Just 75-125 user live on a forum at a time is not a great deal, Surely VPS with good guaranteed RAM may be 256 or more can handle your forum efficiently.

I don't have a forum yet but if you are looking for reliable host with excellent service and good hosting environment i will vote for my host, their VPS plans at following link may be helpful for you.
      Ref : http://www.webhosting.uk.com/vps-hosting.php

There are many other hosting providers but you should go with a host who is available for you 24x7 with quality instant support and maximum uptime.

All the best.....

Comment

dont take from hostican

i suffer from them

and finally they steal my money

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
          VPS can easily handle 75-125 online at a time. There wont be any problems on a VPS. It all depends on how the servers are managed.
          you would think but my host is telling me i need a dedicated server now

Originally posted by harrysmith View Post
          Just 75-125 user live on a forum at a time is not a great deal, Surely VPS with good guaranteed RAM may be 256 or more can handle your forum efficiently.

I don't have a forum yet but if you are looking for reliable host with excellent service and good hosting environment i will vote for my host, their VPS plans at following link may be helpful for you.
          Ref : http://www.webhosting.uk.com/vps-hosting.php

There are many other hosting providers but you should go with a host who is available for you 24x7 with quality instant support and maximum uptime.

All the best.....
          i'll look into it

Originally posted by baghdad4ever View Post
          dont take from hostican

i suffer from them

and finally they steal my money
          unfortunately i am in the same situation as you with hostican
          My Brand New Forum:
          Best Destination Wedding

http://www.adminfusion.com/forums/usercp.php

Comment

How much resources you have on the VPS guarantted RAM , space bandwidth and also what are the configurations of the node on which your VPS is created?
            Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
            Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by eUKhost.com View Post
              I'm really glad you've said that

I have VPS with yourselves, yet my vBulletin forum apparently overloaded the database, sent CPU usage sky high and caused problems for the whole node.

This was when I had approx 3 members and 8 guests.

Alan, one of your tech crew specifically stated it was the database for my forum causing the problems and recommended I upgraded to a semi-dedicated instead.

So with your claim a VPS from yourselves can handle "75-125 online at a time" then why oh why does my VPS have crazy varying speeds with so little users online.

I'll quickly mention that my forums have been running fine since December 07 when I first moved to you. I've added / changed nothing on those forums at all, no mass email, no crazy usage cron jobs, etc but recently VPS speed has been all over the place with the blame laid firmly at vBulletin with a threat to suspend my account.

Originally posted by eUKhost.com
              VPS can easily handle 75-125 online at a time.
              The VPS I have from you doesn't. It dips out at random times with 10% of that amount.

There wont be any problems on a VPS
              I wish that were true, I really do.

It all depends on how the servers are managed.
              I've been onto your support team quite a few times. Once they said they didn't know what was causing the issue, 2 days ago they were blaming me. So something is wrong with "How they are managed".

Oh, one last thing just to prove my point. I even suspended that account in WHM for a while and still the up / down speeds happened.

If you want to read more about my ongoing issue then please read http://www.eukhost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4308

Strangely enough, my forum has been pretty good over the last two days. So bizarre when two days ago with a tiny amount of users was it blamed as the sole reason for locking up a VPS and node.

Comment

I have been using asmallorange.com for over a year, VPS account on a quad-core Xeon box with 512mb garuanteed memory, plenty o-bandwidth..

They have great tech support, which is key since I'm not a server administrator by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 96 WS6 View Post
                  I have been using asmallorange.com for over a year, VPS account on a quad-core Xeon box with 512mb garuanteed memory, plenty o-bandwidth..

They have great tech support, which is key since I'm not a server administrator by any stretch of the imagination.
                  How Many Member You Reach In The Same Time ..!!

Comment

I hear really good things about Power VPS

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X