Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HostGator Reliable?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HostGator Reliable?

    Hello all,
    My current host, Ipowerweb.com has now transitioned over to a new panel and operating differently or whatever because the moment I was transitioned, my website and forum have become so slow its ridiculous!

    So I was reading through the Stickied thread here and 1 host that caught my attention was "HostGator.com", the guy said he has had success with them for over a year. I was wondering if anyone else has anything to say about them?

    Ipowerweb.com, I got "Max Questions MySQL Database Errors" a lot, will this host also have that?

    How is their uptime and quickness?

    Thanks,
    Kyle Ambesi

  • #2
    I've been with them since 03 and haven't had a problem at all.
    "You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me."

    Comment


    • #3
      I had my site hosted there and I can say I'm not happy, I had site with about 5k uniques a day, and they suspend my site with explanation it's using to much resources so my site was down for few days.
      I have ordered transfer to other server and payed for that transfer and asked them to try to do it ASAP as my site is offline. The maximum time they sad is 48h and it took them 47 to do transfer. There was 3 or 4 time my site was down, only one was my fouls.
      So better think twice before going there.

      Comment


      • #4
        So who do you recommend? I will not be getting 5k unique hits a day, I'm just running an online gaming clan website.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just bought a server with my friend so I can't really recommend something to you, but if you think you'll never have more than 5k uniques a day and will NOT send any kind of newsletters, you can try hostgator, else - don't!

          Comment


          • #6
            I have about 25 sites on Hostgator - (only one forum though) - and they all do well. Very Reliable IMO.
            vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
            vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
            Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GeneralPatton View Post
              Hello all,
              My current host, Ipowerweb.com has now transitioned over to a new panel and operating differently or whatever because the moment I was transitioned, my website and forum have become so slow its ridiculous!

              So I was reading through the Stickied thread here and 1 host that caught my attention was "HostGator.com", the guy said he has had success with them for over a year. I was wondering if anyone else has anything to say about them?

              Ipowerweb.com, I got "Max Questions MySQL Database Errors" a lot, will this host also have that?

              How is their uptime and quickness?

              Thanks,
              Kyle Ambesi
              The Max Questions MySQL Database (HG) they limited to 25 connection in the same time ..

              Use search engin to know more ..

              Comment


              • #8
                Hostgator is supposed to be much better than ipowerweb. I guess you can move, unless you have a lot of traffic. Howmany users you have online at peak time?
                Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey Kyle,
                  I haven't used Hostgator before but have heard load of bad reviews howerever had used it
                  Their tech support is worst, they are in market due to their aggresive advertising policy ... lol

                  As you are going to host gaming clan website i will suggest you to go with a dual core dedicated server with good RAM and bandwidth
                  All the best.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by alemcherry View Post
                    Hostgator is supposed to be much better than ipowerweb. I guess you can move, unless you have a lot of traffic. Howmany users you have online at peak time?
                    A hostgator review for vB owners I put together.

                    http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/hostgator.html



                    hope that helps someone.
                    vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                    vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
                    Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Make sure you go month to month, as paying for one year+ for a forum site may not be the best intrest.
                      http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

                      Ask about connections you get
                      Ask about space you get and how it is divided
                      Ask about bandwidth and how much you recieve
                      Run this test script to see if host can run vbulletin http://files.vbulletin.com/vb_test.zip
                      Ask more question on choice of hosting packages in link(s) below
                      http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by joeychgo View Post
                        A hostgator review for vB owners I put together.

                        http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/hostgator.html



                        hope that helps someone.
                        sorry but you are NOT competent to give an review as your site is showing hostgator affiliate banners, so it is in your interest to represent them in best way, as harrysmith sad, they only have aggressive advertising policy.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have been on hostgator for 7 years and just yesterday for the first time they shut down my site. I had to turn off vbSEO just to get them to turn it back on. They want me to upgrade to a dedicated server, can't do that.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I would suggest you guys go with a decent host (find them at WHT) or even get a VPS unmanaged.
                            http://www.unrealkillers.com | unrealtournament 1999 | siege | combogib | bunnytrack | instagib ctf

                            Comment

                            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X