Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much RAM is needed for vbulletin on VPS?? is this good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much RAM is needed for vbulletin on VPS?? is this good?

hello,

my partner and I have a forum on a shared webhost
    however, we are willing to move because we do not want to get " max number of mysql connections" message.

we have been looking at the following specs of a VPS server;

15 GB disk Space
    192 MB RAM
    225 GB Bandwidth
    Plesk CP
    $20.0

it is a starter vps package.
    are the specs good enough to run vbulletin without problems.

peak members online we get: 30+
    peak total users: 60+ (sometimes total reaches 120+)

if the VPS is good enough.. how long is it going to last me??

can you also please tell me how much RAM do shared hosts get?? just to compare

Thank You

Space and bandwidth look ok but that ram is not very good, try to get at least 512 megs with a option to upgrade to a gig later on if needed.

Joey
    Real Web Host

Comment

Yes, I think you should atleat have 512 GB of RAM on your VPS. You can try that with the starter VPS with 192 MB of RAM but if you need more resources you can upgrade at that point of time.
      Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
      Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

192megs isnt even enough to run cpanel with apache mysql php etc.

Comment

ok thank you all
          so i can not run vbulletin on such VPS.

i have a question, do reseller accounts have mysql connection limit as well?

thanks again

Comment

All webhosts have limits they just vary.
            Real Web Host

Comment

With only a small amount of people online at once you might be ok with a 256MB of RAM and instead of cpanel which uses lots of memory trying using something like openVZ
              If you have problems with 256MB iam sure the host you choose will allow you to upgrade and just pay the cost of 512MB vps

Comment

the thing is.. i do not want my database to become huge.
                is it easy to transfer sites without any problems? any tips on that?
                thanx

Comment

Usually a good host would transfer the site for you, in case you are planning to get a reseller account, try to go with a host which also offers good managed vps hosting as well. that way they would handhold you through the entire process of transferring your site when you plan to upgrade to vps.

Comment

You have to increase your budget if you are looking for managed VPS along with cpanel.
                    You should look for atleast 512 MB of RAM if you want to use cPanel for your VPS which is preferred.

Comment

I would recommend atleast 384 mb RAM, if you cant get 512. And make sure that you consider only the assured RAM.
                      Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X