Looking to Host a Streaming Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to Host a Streaming Site

So a couple friends and myself want to set up a new site for streaming anime shows, I already have a fairly successful site with almost 2000 members so I do have some experience, I'm just looking for some opinions.

I need a host that can provide large amounts of web space, bandwidth, and nice speeds, I want to my videos to buffer fairly fairly quickly. And of course it needs to have php, mySQL and all that other fun stuff installed. :P

Any suggestions would be great.

I suggest streaming it with www.timihosting.com. Do you know what script you'll be using? Will the visitors have the ability to upload videos like you youtube?

Comment

I would highly recommend you a Dedicated Server for streaming video website. Have you done any calculation for space and bandwidth you will require? There wont be any problems with versions of PHP and MySQL you'll require.
      Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
      Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

Are you just embedding the videos on to your site? or are you actually hosting them and streaming them?

Comment

I dont really want, a dedicated server right away, I don't want to spend the money unless the site actually kicks off. I was planning on starting with shared hosting.

I've been looking into some scripts and software, but I'm not quite sure what I would use, would it be just a generic CMS system, or are there actually scripts out there, dedicated to hosting/streaming videos.

And no I don't plan allowing guests to upload. At least not yet anyway.

Comment

What is your budet?

Comment

i dunno around 100 - 150 a year for hosting....

like i said i dont want a dedicated server until i know the site will kick off.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X