Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally new, please help

Hi,

Im totoally new to all this so please help, this is what I know so far.

I want to set up a forum with vbulletin.
    I have used the demo on this website which was successful and has shown me that I want to take it further, this is what I think I should do now!
    Last edited by iwtbam; Sat 26 Jan '08, 9:25am.

I'm on the same level as you buddy, just bought my domain name yesterday and started looking at prices for hostgator. Now just have to figure out how to get the forum online haha

Comment

You two it is trult very simple.

Once you have your hosting setup, the hosting company will give you all your FTP information, once you have that, you can upload the vbulletin files and run the installer...the installer will do all the work for you.

I suggest reading the installation manual as it will help you with what you need
      CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

How about find a host that will install it for you???

Joey
        Real Web Host

Comment

it's completely easy to setup vB.... I know it because when I installed it, I was also a total noob

Comment

Hey bud, do you have aim?

I figure if you're going to be working alot on your forum this week and next during the afternoon we could help each other were needed. I also just bought my domain name and am about to set up my hosting with hostgator. If you use aim and want to chat, my aim is - mdbobbey. I'll probably be on most of this week during the afternoon when I have free time.

Comment

Alright, I just changed the DNS to hostgator. When will I know I can go ahead and purchase vbulletin and set it up? Said it takes 24-48 hours to be completly online.

Comment

You guys are about a week behind me... I started last week, and brought my site up yesterday. I also use hostgator (hatchling) and betwen their tutorials and the great ones here on VB, I was able to find most of my answers. Good luck!

Comment

Once you bought a license we can give you step by step support on how to install vBulletin at your host. As far as hosting goes, if you have a domain and hosting then it's a matter of uploading the files.

Comment

Sorry MikeEagle 12, Ive been away and I dont have aim anyway - although Im gonna find out what it is.

So far soo good,
                    Last edited by iwtbam; Sat 26 Jan '08, 9:25am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X