Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Webhost needed for Tradeourmarkets.com

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Webhost needed for Tradeourmarkets.com

    Greetings from Singapore,
    recently, i created a forum with Siteground as host. Sad to say, the access became intermittent as my user grew. However, my number of users are not outrageous level, rather its at most 50 concurrent users.
    My complains to Siteground fell on deaf ears and they insisted that its the problem of the forum scripts rather than their fault. They suggested VPS, which in my haste, i agreed. Things got better for a while, and now the intermittent access is back.
    I would imagine that after paying for so much, the least i could expect is some decent returns, however, it seems like once again vBulletin is the fault, and Siteground just merely suggested upgrading further to a higher end VPS.
    I am at my limits with them and would just wanna switch host where their databases are better optimised and perhaps just a shared hosting server should do for me.

    Could you folks please help me out here by drawing on your personal experience to tell me which webhost is suffice for my needs?
    My traffic is ard 10GB/month, while my disk space is only ard 30Mb.
    let me know what other details is needed and i'll put it in

  • #2
    hi,

    There's no way you would need a vps with that specifications.Not even close.This is just plain commercial rubbisch to get more money.Siteground say they are "vBulletin experts" but the truth is they do not know what they are talking about.I would get my ass out of there and get a decent shared host which will be more then enough for you and probably at a much lower price range to.Just be carefull for the oversellers like bluehost

    Comment


    • #3
      I think a decent shared hosting package will be best for you. There wont be any problems for you in finding a host as there are lot of hosts offering shared hosting.
      Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
      Email & MSN: [email protected]

      Comment


      • #4
        After reading you post, you should have not gone up to a VPS, seeing how you are only consuming 10 GB a month.

        Some more questions to answer..
        What is the size of your database?

        How many members do you have?
        How many posts do you have?
        Roughly how many new posts a day?
        Roughly how many new members a day?
        Roughly how many people are on at the same time?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DelphiVillage View Post
          hi,

          There's no way you would need a vps with that specifications.Not even close.This is just plain commercial rubbisch to get more money.Siteground say they are "vBulletin experts" but the truth is they do not know what they are talking about.I would get my ass out of there and get a decent shared host which will be more then enough for you and probably at a much lower price range to.Just be carefull for the oversellers like bluehost
          That's what i feel too.
          any comments about hostgator?

          Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
          After reading you post, you should have not gone up to a VPS, seeing how you are only consuming 10 GB a month.

          Some more questions to answer..
          What is the size of your database? currently its 60MB

          How many members do you have? 475
          How many posts do you have? 9385
          Roughly how many new posts a day? 70
          Roughly how many new members a day? 3
          Roughly how many people are on at the same time? At most 50
          Also, i have a flash chat, which would have about 20 ppl at most, max was 33 once
          Really appreciate all your expert inputs

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by j3r0m3 View Post
            That's what i feel too.
            any comments about hostgator?



            Also, i have a flash chat, which would have about 20 ppl at most, max was 33 once
            Really appreciate all your expert inputs
            Your database is on the big side, but other than that any shared plan should be good for you.

            Comment


            • #7
              i dunno why the database is so big.
              could it be because of the database not optimised?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by j3r0m3 View Post
                i dunno why the database is so big.
                could it be because of the database not optimised?
                You can try optimizing it, but there are other stuff that makes it big. For instance attachments, etc..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Could be the flashchat driving you load up also.
                  Contact a few hosts and ask for a free month to try them out.
                  Real Web Host

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hostgator says no flash chat allowed on their shared servers...

                    So any other suggestions?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      IRC maybe?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        any other webhosts that i can consider?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You obviously run a forum, but showing up unlicensed. Please set yourself up for priority support so we know you're a paying customer. I hope you understand, thank you.

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X