HELP! Need Advice and/or new host ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Floris View Post
    You imply you're running a vBulletin powered board, if that's the case please go to your customer area and set yourself up for priority support. Thanks.
    I have ran. I currently don't have a license at the moment, but my partner does and it is what we use for your forums software.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
      Your traffic is not even close to be overloading a server. I have ran much bigger forums with no problems at all, and seeing how you are only using 11 GB Bandwidth, and its the 18th of this month; which shows that your traffic isn't a problem.
      That's what I thought...and that's what I keep telling them.
      But from experience, certain vB Hacks can cause very high CPU/MEM Usage. Hacks like shoutbox's or any other hacks that use AJAX a lot, can and will spike up your sites load, and cause it to go in the red zone.
      That's why I thought maybe my arcade was doing it. I'm going to limit the number of games available for a while. It's fun to rotate them in/out anyway.

I will personally recommend any shared host, with at least 5 GB Disk space, and 80 GB Bandwidth for you.
      Ok...

The thing is I need to be able to add blogging to this forum without having major difficulties. I want it to be good and the server to be able to handle it. My members are very loyal to me. They know me and they'll support me as much as they can, but it isn't fair to ask them to deal with ongoing outages and stuff. I need the site to be reliable.

So before I add blogging or anything else I need to know why this happened, what I can do about it, and get it fixed.

If that means finding a new host or going to a semi-dedicated server I'll consider that... but I don't want to spend money unnecessarily.

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by The Librarian; Mon 22 Oct '07, 11:15am.

Comment

I have ran. I currently don't have a license at the moment, but my partner does and it is what we use for your forums software.
          Your partner must then seek support.

Anyways, about the situation, you'll want to disable any and all plugins, to see if they improves things. Default vBulletin should not have an issue at all.

Comment

I know that this doesn't answer your question, but I have similar stats on my site and thought that if your looking for a new provider I share my experience. I was using GoDaddy and they pitched a fit about my resource usage, that and their service s*cked so I moved to Netfirms Enterprise One service and it's been outstanding so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mhackl View Post
              I know that this doesn't answer your question, but I have similar stats on my site and thought that if your looking for a new provider I share my experience. I was using GoDaddy and they pitched a fit about my resource usage, that and their service s*cked so I moved to Netfirms Enterprise One service and it's been outstanding so far.
              Thanks for the suggestion. After a TON of research I finally ended up with HostICan.

I still don't know whether this will really solve my database problems, though.... but I guess I'll find out.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by GHOwner View Post
                Your partner must then seek support.
                He/she wasn't seeking support and this isn't the support section.

Comment

Regardless, if staff gets the impression a user runs a forum and is not showing licensed we can request them to update the record to show licensed. It's a friendly request. This is indeed not a support section, but an extended area for pre-sales. And not meant to give detailed info to unlicensed users who give the impression they run a forum and need info.

Comment

Update. I'm not with HostICan any more.

A VPS with 256 RAM wasn't enough.

I'm back to shared and running faster than ever...and paying a lot less to boot.

I'm now with GTWebHost. I may still need to move to Dedicated sometime in the next year, but at least I'm out of HIC...and my error messages have completely stopped.

GTWebHost knows vBulletin...and they aren't going to try to talk me out of using it like HIC did.

Comment

Sometimes things look good on the outside but are totally different on the inside.

Joey
                      Real Web Host

Comment

One of the biggest problems I see is the server that is hosting you is not setup correctly, there are tweaks that need to be made to the web server, config file and also to mysql. I would check with them and see if they would be willing to make these adjustments for you. I doubt very much that they will, but it does not hurt to ask...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X