Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a cheap host. plz help

hello people,

I am running a site with about 500 members that i opened up 3 months ago. I have a shared hosting service from godaddy and i want to switch to another hosting company. I get about 400-500 unique ip visits daily and it is growing at a fast rate.

first of all,

has anyone had any experience with westhost? they are offering a business value plan heres the link http://www.westhost.com/package-compare.html and i wanted to find out what you guys think about this plan for my site.

My budget is no more than 20 dollars, maybe a little more if too good to be true. also trying to avoid any setup fees. any hosting suggestions?

thank you in advance

you can try hostgator, i hear they are reasonable for priced, or asmallorange.
    I have a few listed on my home page that all offer deals less then 10$ a month.

ps.. you may do a quick search for that host on WHT webhostingtalk.com it's the top hosting forums around the net, or at least one of the top ones.
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

i signed up with smokyhost.com
      they offer a vps for 8 bucks a month. unmanaged.

i m a newbie so i am not sure if i will be able to handle an unmanaged vps. do you think it will be to hard for me? i have no clue about thecommands what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pureturk View Post

i m a newbie so i am not sure if i will be able to handle an unmanaged vps. do you think it will be to hard for me? i have no clue about thecommands what so ever.
        The website smokyhost.com doesn't load at my end. But its a cheap offer. IMO, if you are newbie you should have opted for a managed VPS or high end shared hosting plan.
        Website Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Hosting
        Email & MSN: [email protected]

Comment

Most things you will be looking for are in FAQ compilations. It's a matter of asking others and reading up on the links they provide you.

Comment

hello people,

I am running a site with about 500 members that i opened up 3 months ago. I have a shared hosting service from godaddy and i want to switch to another hosting company. I get about 400-500 unique ip visits daily and it is growing at a fast rate.

first of all,

has anyone had any experience with westhost? they are offering a business value plan heres the link http://www.westhost.com/package-compare.html and i wanted to find out what you guys think about this plan for my site.

My budget is no more than 20 dollars, maybe a little more if too good to be true. also trying to avoid any setup fees. any hosting suggestions?

thank you in advance
            There's nothing in your traffic that seems beyond what a good shared host can offer. GoDaddy is not such a host. I had a vBulletin forum over there, with more traffic than yours, of course, but it ran very, very slow.

The place I'm at now, HostICan (www.hostican.com) does great with database-driven sites. They do have, as I recall, a couple of shared plans that fit in your budget.

Peace,
            Gene

Comment

If your forum is growing at that speed, I would suggest a VPS. Shared accounts can be taking a risk with such a growing site. You're already seeking to leave Godaddy for that reason. Remember that you do get what you pay for.

Comment

How many actual online users do you have at your peak time?
                Real Web Host

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X