No announcement yet.

Help Needed Quickly Please - Host Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea ask them to set up the .htaccess page for you and see if that helps your load. However that should still not be the way to go (imo of course).
    www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
    www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

Originally posted by encryption View Post
      Yea ask them to set up the .htaccess page for you and see if that helps your load. However that should still not be the way to go (imo of course).
      well I have read that you can set it up to block certain IP address's but there is no way I can block all slurp spider ip's correct?

Comment

I've never found the need to do it so I can't accurately answer that.

Sorry.

EDIT: I imagine that since these spiders are assigned a range of IPs within a subnet, you could technically block out the whole subnet or that IP Block and get a similar result.
        Last edited by encryption; Thu 12 Jul '07, 7:44am.
        www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
        www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

Mike,

Look inside your public_html and you will see a file called .htaccess, all you need to do is:

User-agent: *
          Disallow: /

It's mentioned more here:

http://www.hosticananswers.com/quest...7B47%7DFolders

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X