Hosting advice - Linux type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting advice - Linux type

I am looking for a new host, a VPS, and I have pretty much decided on www.eurovps.com

The EuroVPS hosting lists 3 types of Linux with different control panel options...

RedHat Enterprise 4 AS (Cpanel)
    CentOS 4 (Plesk)
    CentOS 4 (Cpanel)
    SuSE Linux 10 (Plesk)
    SuSE Linux 10 (Cpanel)

Which would you suggest is the best for vbulletin hosting? and why?

Regards

cjw

I would say CentOs for the server and Cpanel because it's more user-friendly and Cpanel 11 is coming out in a few days.
    BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
    Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

CentOS vote here
      www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
      www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

RedHat Enterprise might cost you a little more. CentOS is very common - I dont have any experince on SuSE.

Actually Plesk Vs Cpanel is the choice you have to make. I personally prefer cpanel. If you are using them for your own use, you should probably select the cheapest one -as both would just do its work.

cPanel have some advanced features, better for reselling etc. Ultimately it is a personal choice, select the one which you are familier with. Either of them should be okay for your vb based site!
        Hosting Coupons: Hostmonster @ $3.95 and 20% off Mediatemple

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X