Best *cheap* VPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best *cheap* VPS?

I need a VPS that has at least 128 RAM, 5G diskspace and at least 50G bandwidth... I am getting tired of slow server loads on shared hosts.
    I am looking at www.vpslink.com
    And I also have some questions about VPS:
    1. Do I need to install MySQL, PHP and Apache, along with FTP by myself or are they preinstalled?
    2. Anyone know a good guide on installing FTP on Linux servers, if so?

128MB of RAM isn't going to get you very far... How many simultaneous users do you have? Cookie timeout? How many plugins? Total posts, threads, and members?
    Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

It's not that many online it's just to get the heck off of shared, that's why I am just getting 128 MB.
      I am just running multiple websites on one server...that could probably be a problem/issue why the host is slow cause one causes tons of bots (Google, Yahoo, etc) to fly (not literally) to it...lol. But I doubt that. I think I made a robots.txt stopping that, resulting that I have to go to VPS or find a way better shared host with like no one on it >.<.

Basically: It's not one site that is having issues, it's more than 5 or 6 websites, including a free forum host (ad supported), a vBulletin forum with over 110 users, increasing by one every few days..., a phpBB forum for a game I am making, etc.
      Also, isn't that what SWAP is for? I could allocate 512 MB swap...I never get past 2 GB in web server and mysql files.
      Last edited by SNN; Tue 15th May '07, 7:36pm.

Comment

I'm with VPSColo.com on a virtuozzo VPS. Been with them since 2003/2004 if I recall correctly. Everything is fully managed.

I have 256MB RAM which is fully burstable and I think the CPU is burstable too.

Here are my sites so you can see how fast they load:

http://www.smsmasters.co.uk/forum/index.php
        http://www.imagewire.co.uk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X