X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Requests for Free Hosting

Hi there,

1st: I pay for my hoster, so don't shoot me

But: I don't understand why it is so bad to ask.

You all use mostly Linux, which is free, MySQL, which is free ... get the point?
    http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

It's just that the vast majority of people that ask for a free host are running illegal copies of vBulletin..... most people that pay $160 for forum software will certainly be willing to pay $20/month for a decent host.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
      It's just that the vast majority of people that ask for a free host are running illegal copies of vBulletin.....
      Hmm, okay - I see.

That's a point
      Thanks,
      -Tom
      http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
      German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

[snip]
        Last edited by JimF; Wed 18th Jul '01, 8:07am.

Comment

Actually, I purchased a license a couple of months ago and I do not pay a penny for my hosting. I can afford a one off payment, but I am 16 and cannot pay every month. And in case any of you think I am a pirate, feel free to e-mail to check and I will be putting in my customer number ASAP as I have just got back from holiday.
          www.footyforums.net

Comment

And now I am annoyed, reading some other threads with comments such as these:

I agree, also. I havent even seen One vBulletin on a free host yet, so what place does it have here? None.
            I appreciate the majority pay, but do not assume everyone does. Now if ANY admin would like to e-mail me I will happily confirm I am a paid licencee, and the e-mail with my username/pass has done a runner, I am trying to catch it . This is my first visit to this site in ages. My site did my head in, and I am restarting. I need a free host to setup a board and get some conversation going with my staff before we move to a better server to continue with my site.

Now, any free hosts? Or can you e-mail my any?
            Regards
            CG
            www.footyforums.net

Comment

Have you checked out the boards over a FreeWebSpace.net??
              http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/index.php

I'm sure you can find something...

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of free hosts that offer php/mysql. They come and go just as day turns into night... Running a free host that offers php/mysql is costly - because everyone is looking for it - and signs up. There are a lot of them, that I've seen, that have only lasted about a month - and they're dead.

I've seen plenty since I became a moderator over at FreeWebSpace.net (and even before that).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X