• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best OS for Vbulletin: Fedora or CentOS

Server specs:

» XEON 3.0ghz (dual core)
    » 2048mb RAM
    » 2x HD RAID1

I would say CentOs for the stability of the server (not really for vbulletin) even if I'm on a FC5 which runs perfectly also.
    BPowers.com: Eu Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared hosting with Cpanel/Fantastico
    Live Help: http://www.bpowers.com

Comment

I've only used Fedora, however I might suggest CentOS. Seeing as Fedora is more of a testing ground for those of us who like bleeding edge stuff, CentOS might offer a bit more stability.

Also, try doing some searches on Google for other people who have the same server specs as you, and see how they do with Fedora and Centos. If you notice most results showing up as "I'm having trouble with...", then that might help make your decision as well.

Comment

CentOS is a great OS
        ■█► WireNine.com Web Hosting 8+ years in business!
        ■█► Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and VPS Hosting 24/7 Support 99.9% Uptime 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
        ■█► cPanel, Litespeed, CloudFlare, Softaculous, Attracta SEO, Site Builder
        ■█► Find us on Facebook and follow us @wirenine

Comment

vote centos !!!
          Optimize your website
          Cool Wallpaper
          All Android Rom

Comment

Fedora is a test bed for future versions of RHEL. Updates come at a fast pace and they aren't always 100% stable because patches aren't tested as well as with RHEL.

If I were you I'd stick with RHEL or CentOS.
            Jason Litka - Utter Ramblings

Comment

I've used both in our hosting and while i never really had any issues with fedora, I'd still recommend CentOS for the same reasons Jason|Xoxide said in the post above mine.
              www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
              www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X