glowhost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glowhost?

Has anyone used it or know anything about them?

www.glowhost.com

actually, which is better www.1and1.com or www.hostrocket.com ? And which do i go with? the shared right? sorry im a complete noob who wants the best forum program (vbulletin). I cant do the free forums!!
    Last edited by Ms.Rachel; Sat 31 Mar '07, 4:37pm.

This link below might help you choose where to go.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/
    I am at site5.com and people do hate them... Asmallorange.com is another good choice

www.glowhost.com seem good enough for a starter and viewing the cpanel seems you can run vbulletin on it.
    http://demo.cpanel.net:2082/login/?u...emo&pass=xdemo

www.hostrocket.com is giving unlimited bandwidth? 1&1 did that and some people got a lawyer involve to make sure they would get it. This hosting site does charge you a setup fee [*A mandatory one time setup fee of $29.95 will be charged when you signup.]

Shared service is good for now until you exceed bandwidth and then you can upgrade.

Month to Month Service
    -------------------------------

Site5
    Pricing Information $5 Deal Silver Gold Diamond
    24 Months (2 Years - Best Value!) $5.00 $6.97 $9.97 $16.97
    12 Months (Annual Billing) $8.00 $7.97 $11.97 $18.97
    Every 6 Months (Bi-Annual Billing) $50.00 $8.97 $12.97 $20.97
    Every 3 Months (Quarterly Billing) $50.00 $9.97 $13.97 $21.97
    Monthly $50.00 $9.97 $13.97 $21.97
    Setup Fee FREE! FREE! FREE! FREE!

http://www.site5.com/hosting/

Backed by: Full Refund (within 60 days)*†
    http://www.site5.com/support/guarantees.php

--------------------------------

Glowhost
    Hover cursor over (payment options)
    http://www.glowhost.com/hosting/shared/index.php

A Small Orange
    Pricing per-month
    http://www.asmallorange.com/services/hosting/index.php
    30 Day Guarantee

Stay far away from these host listed below
    1&1[1and1], Yahoo!, Go Daddy, iPower and hostingplex.
    Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Sun 1 Apr '07, 11:13am. Reason: Private Message Responce

Comment

Why 1and1, their pretty good for the price...

Comment

Avoid Site5 and 1&1 at all costs.
        The Relationship Forum
        The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

Missing the key word, why 1and1.

Comment

Do a search on Google or on WHT for reviews on 1&1, and you'll find plenty of horror stories on them.
            The Relationship Forum
            The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

I see most problems for site5 are from multisite/reseller plan, if you have month to month you do not have to worry to much. You can packup within 60 days if you find the service is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Rider View Post
                Missing the key word, why 1and1.
                1and1 is notorious for poor customer support, and has had double-billing issues. Their BBB rating has traditionally been at the bottom-of-the-barrel.

Peace,
                Gene

Comment

from looking on differnt forums, it seems that webhost is really good..? okay..i want to make a forum that has atleast 1000 members, what do i need to look for when it comes to having this amount of members? im at 400 right now..im tired of free forums, they arent really good and my members tend to have problems logging on.

Comment

400 active at one time? How many do you have online at any given time.
                    -------------------------
                    Who are webhost? I see webhost.net unless you are using a generic term. I will assume you are.
                    Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Mon 2 Apr '07, 1:10am. Reason: Clueless

Comment

opps..even though you PMed me..i ment members, active online low numbers for now. I belong to another forum that has 1200 members but rarely get over 50 at a time, so im thinking that i wont hit 50+ for a while..! so how does upgrading from a small server package to one that has more bandwidth, space and etc? The host will change that right? I just change packages and pay a little more?

Comment

You can ask to be move, but make sure you ask if any more cost are involve other then package deals. They sometimes charge an adminastrative fee or will charge you extra for going beyond bandwidth usage. If you are month to month, then you can easily upgrade to more space/bandwidth.

I seen site with 100 people online at any given time on free hosting? I do not know how they can do it, but they own the server or must be tight with them.

Comment

dumb question..whats free hosting about? im going with a paid one foresure, i dont want to take risks. month to month is a little more but could be worth it..? thanks so much..!

Comment

Free hosting is good if you own the server, but you are on your own and most likely are unable to install board scripts or be able to run any kind of flash. You most likely not even get a control panel.

I wish you luck on your site and hopefully you will upgrade to owned license soon.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X