Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• siteground.com

I am new to all of this hosting stuff.

Has anyone had any dealings with siteground.com?

They are really cheap.

I have siteground at the moment.
    It has been good.
    No complaints.

They are very helpful and responses are quick.

They can install vb for you as well as provide custom scripts.

Comment

omg. 40,000MB's?! for that price?! is that for real?! If a few more ppl can testify they're worth using I'll DEF give them a go!

Comment

Originally posted by M4g!k View Post
        omg. 40,000MB's?! for that price?! is that for real?! If a few more ppl can testify they're worth using I'll DEF give them a go!
        My thoughts exactly. I just wounder if there is a catch somewhere. Do they limit you and stuff? There is not many people saying much about them.

Comment

I'd consider them an "over night" hosting provider. All to often do people fall for companies who offer you everything including "the moon", for below cost. A lot of these hosting companies do not last long, as they do not account for the running cost it would take to keep things going. Even if they could offer everything they claim to offer, their support would lack.

40GB / 900GB (almost 1TB) for 4.95? Chances are they will not last long or they'll limit you as soon as you begin to exceed what they feel you're worth and at 4.95, its not going to be much.

My advice would be to seek out a hosting company which has been around for 3 years or more. Chances are they've been around for a GOOD reason. Test their level of support and always remember that you do get what you pay for.

Comment

4.95 is very cheap and there should be something, right
            I am a siteground user for a year.
            The thing is =========>> They dont let you to take backup

Comment

Originally posted by vrblackwell View Post
              I am new to all of this hosting stuff.

Has anyone had any dealings with siteground.com?

They are really cheap.
              if u ever love ur site even for a once...dont go for them...all the way they are wrost for VB.

a perfect example of "Over Selled Host".

SQL connectivity is tooooooooooooo slow..
              we left 1host of Sg idle..no use of it.we had to move
              right now that idle hosts idle site
              Currently Active Users: 1 (1 members and 0 guests)
              and the server load: [Server Loads: 2.19 3.24 : 3.39]

if even 5 user including Search Bot,serverload will go 8.++
              and continiously u wll get
              ERROR : 500
              server is too busy.

They got only one reply ..for all tech support and that is
              "Move to dedicated server and we will do that for you.Pls visit this link for details"

Comment

SiteGround.com is a fast, reliable host for me (I don't have much up, but when I did the page loaded lightening fast).

Price/What You Get: Great
                Support: Decent (10 tickets, I'm scared of using them on minor things, because what if a major thing comes around...no major or minor thigns have come though lol)
                Speed(Load Times): For me, Great

I think they are a great host, and if you don't like em, you lost very little money anyways.

Comment

I had SiteGround for about a year.

It was GREAT for my site when it was small. As it grew, SiteGround was continuously pressuring me to upgrade to their better package, delete my vbshout, delete my users table (!), etc.

I would NOT recommend them if you have more than 10k users.

Also, let me tell you how they can offer you so much bandwidth for such a low price. It's so cheap because it's impossible to use that much bandwidth. It's all a scam. They say they offer 900gb of bandwidth, but in small print, they state that CPU usage cannot go over 10%. With that limit, it is impossible to use 900gb of bandwidth.

However, on a good note, their customer support is AMAZING! They have the most professional, prompt customer support staff that I have ever seen in a web hosting company.

In conclusion, if you have a small site, SiteGround is the way to go. If you have a large site, avoid SiteGround at all costs.

Hope this helps

PS:
                  They got only one reply ..for all tech support and that is
                  "Move to dedicated server and we will do that for you.Pls visit this link for details"
                  Exactly!

Comment

I have a account with them since last 7-8 months so far they have been very good, i will also recommend check webhostingtalk.com for a proper feedback.
                    TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

siteground.com is ever worst host.

i got 2 host left over there..i dontae those begger.. there own host..
                      craps...
                      10K users.huh..it cant take even 30client at a time...

Comment

I have 2 servers through siteground and have no complaints at all.
                        I would recommend them to anyone.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X