Good WebhostinG... Plz HeLp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good WebhostinG... Plz HeLp.

Hi Guys... I Am Goin to Start a Site With vBulletin In it... and I wanted to Know a Good And Relaible Webhosting COmpany... Which SHould Atleast Be Able to Handle ABout 200-400 Members @ a Time.

And About 60,000 - 80,000 Posts.

I was Searhed and Found SOme Site:
    1. www.globat.com
    2. www.hostmonster.com
    3. www.bluehost.com
    4. www.lunarpages.com

Can You Please Help Me Find Choose The Right Web Hosting Co. FOr Me.

Thankz

60,000 - 80,000 posts over what time period?

If you plan to have 200-400 concurrent users you will most likely need a dedicated server. I use Cari.net and am very happy with their prices and service. I have rented a dual Xeon 2.4 GHz with 2 GB RAM for about $219.00 a month.

With 200-400 concurrent users your website will probably crash most share hosting servers and the hosting company will disable your domain if you crash it too many times. I know for a fact that a vbulletin website will crash even the Business server at lunarpages.com.

BTW - What makes you think that you will instantly have 200-400 concurrent members and 60,000 - 80,000 posts? DO you already have a forum running with some other software that is pulling in 200-400 concurrent users?

If you are just starting a new forum then you could get by with a shared hosting service like lunarpages.com or powweb.com with the knowledge that as your site grows you will have to move it to more powerful servers.

Comment

Hi Bro... It WiLL Take Around 3 to 4 Months to Make 60,000 - 80,000 Posts... It Wont Take That Long... I Am Sayin It Cause... I Have Exprience Of Bringing 3 Forums UP ^.

So Basically I Might Have TO Rent Or... If Possible... I WOuld Rather Buy A Server ?

Comment

I use www.realwebhost.net in America, superb backup and support, they really do what it says on the tin.
        Information not shared, is lost

Comment

Host Monster's a good choice for web hosting.

Originally posted by GuRuBhaI View Post
          I use Host Monster and host a vBulletin instance on there, and I have had no problems with it whatsoever - it runs just fine. As for Host Monster, the hosting is good, the uptime is good, and it has good support for the most part (it has 24/7 support via different channels of contacting them - e.g. live chat, telephone, ticket support, etc. - live chat or telephone are the fastest methods, and I do like the telephone option). The only thing that I would say I don't like about Host Monster is the 100 MySQL DB limit, and you can't increase it (and no, you can't pay extra to increase it, either), but I'm not going to create that many DB's anyway, so I'm not worried about it. All in all, it's a good host if you do decide to go with Host Monster.

Also, a personal note for you for reference in the future: Host Monster at http://www.hostmonster.com/ and Blue Host at http://www.bluehost.com/ are one in the same company, just different websites. I chose Host Monster for its better features for what you get with the price.
          Last edited by bmc; Tue 23rd Jan '07, 5:24pm.
          The Relationship Forum
          The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Kemble View Post
            I use www.realwebhost.net in America, superb backup and support, they really do what it says on the tin.
            Dang they have some high prices for their dedicated servers. Are they made of gold?

Comment

No, just good maintained equipment.

Joey
              Real Web Host

Comment

Singlehop at www.webhostgear.com/singlehop is owned by MidPhase and offers managed boxes with good pricing in Equinix DC
                WebHostGear.com - Server Tutorials, Web Server Guides, Hosting Tutorials
                As seen in Ping Zine Magazine
                Preventing Brute Force Attacks | APF Firewall Install Guide |Cpanel FTP Backup Script Now Available!

Comment

Hi Bro... It WiLL Take Around 3 to 4 Months to Make 60,000 - 80,000 Posts... It Wont Take That Long... I Am Sayin It Cause... I Have Exprience Of Bringing 3 Forums UP ^.

So Basically I Might Have TO Rent Or... If Possible... I WOuld Rather Buy A Server ?
                  IF you have already brought 3 forums up to this level then why are you asking about hosting services? Why don't you just host with whatever company is hosting your other three forums? Is there a problem with them.

Comment

Originally posted by express View Post
                    No, just good maintained equipment.

Joey
                    Still overpriced.

Comment

You're probably better off renting equipment if you have a few machines. I would only bother colocating in the following cases:

1) you need a custom server setup and have special hardware you need to utilize.
                      2) You want to own the equipment and have the option of moving it.. keep in mind it's probably faster to transfer a rented server online to another rented server.
                      WebHostGear.com - Server Tutorials, Web Server Guides, Hosting Tutorials
                      As seen in Ping Zine Magazine
                      Preventing Brute Force Attacks | APF Firewall Install Guide |Cpanel FTP Backup Script Now Available!

Comment

globat is good

ive had other webhostings before and all i got is headache.when i got globat i finally had my site going and active without any hassles at i read about bad publicity abt globat but i never encountered any of them. choose globat its cheap and has good service.

Comment

I suggest http://www.EasySpace.com or http://www.GoDaddy.com
                          (Faithful vBulletin Member & Proud Licensed Owner since May 10th 2002)
                          Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy
                          http://www.signavatar.com/2304_s.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bplinson View Post
                            Still overpriced.

I do not think so at all, we have many very happy clients. Good luck in your search it is never easy.
                            Joey
                            Real Web Host

Comment

Hi Guys... I Am Goin to Start a Site With vBulletin In it... and I wanted to Know a Good And Relaible Webhosting COmpany... Which SHould Atleast Be Able to Handle ABout 200-400 Members @ a Time.

And About 60,000 - 80,000 Posts.

I was Searhed and Found SOme Site:
                              1. www.globat.com
                              2. www.hostmonster.com
                              3. www.bluehost.com
                              4. www.lunarpages.com

Can You Please Help Me Find Choose The Right Web Hosting Co. FOr Me.

Thankz
                              Out of your list, www.lunarpages.com . They've been in business for sometime now and have excellent feedback. Another place I would recommend is rackspace.com.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X