Host recommendations please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host recommendations please...

what kind of host set up you should have to run vbulletin with 50 active users? I have just over 100 members, but just a few on at a time for now. If this was to increase to 20 members/guests at a time what would be the estimated cost? 40-60? 80 or more?

I will start advertising the site soon and I am afraid that I will be down almost immediately as the site is already fairly slow.

Is there a host that anyone has had a good experience with that they would recommend?

Most shared hosting companies allow up to 25 concurrent connections. If you have forums running with 50 active users at once, then you might want to look into a VPS.

If you have less than 25, you should be fine with a shared host. Although if your current web host is slow because you have 100 members (not active at once I assume) then it would be a good idea to find a new web host.
    ■█► WireNine.com Web Hosting 8+ years in business!
    ■█► Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting and VPS Hosting 24/7 Support 99.9% Uptime 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
    ■█► cPanel, Litespeed, CloudFlare, Softaculous, Attracta SEO, Site Builder
    ■█► Find us on Facebook and follow us @wirenine

Comment

WireNine, I am going to have to disagree with you there. We allow as many concurrent connections as one requires in our shared hosting setup. Never had a problem. Sure, if you go for a "budget" host you may have problems, but if you go with a host that actually specializes in application hosting, you should be fine. A well-managed application hosting environment will outperform a VPS and offer even more expansion options.
      *MediaLayer Networks, Accelerated Application Hosting
      *With highly optimized, quad core, 15K SCSI RAID 10 servers,
      *We offer the best PHP/MySQL performance around.

*How does your hosting provider measure up?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X