Rack Mounted Servers and Co-located Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rackmy

Well so far I can only say good things about them. Mike is great and responds quickly to emails, even if they are just questions and not problems. Uptime has not been a problem, the only interuption was brief and was for network upgrading at the noc. Performance is good as well. I will send you an email of my site so you can test it (not really "live" yet).

Comment

Penguin Computing

Hi All,

I just wanted to let you know that Site5 uses Penguin Computing for all of our servers (dedicated as well as shared). They are a great company, and a pretty good value for a "name brand" vendor. We get quite a few boxes from Penguin each week, and have never really had a problem with any of them. Of course, the default kernel that ships with RedHat 6.2 has a nice vulnerability in it, so you will need to patch that first thing (we're currently upgrading them to 2.4.5 and haven't had any problems, except for one of their AMI RAID controllers, which needed a firmware upgrade before working), but other than that, they are ready to go out of the box. In fact, they even let you partition the system fron their website - a handy feature indeed.

I'm pretty sure that you won't be dissapointed if you choose to get your server from Penguin. They are a top-notch operation, and certainly know what they're doing.

Just my $0.035

Best Regards,
      Matt Lightner
      [email protected]

Comment

I believe VA Linux is leaving the hardware game, and you might consider www.pogolinux.com as well.

-Jonathan

Comment

What about Dell's PowerApp servers? Those look good too, mostly the PowerApp 120 with Linux

I got like 1 GHZ
          512 RAM
          36 Gigs Hard drive SCSI

For about $2500ish. I can't figure out these PowerEdge stuff

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X