• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i use www.personalsites.org

and have for the past 3 1/2 years

Comment

About getting the whole store

Larsanna - how can you get the whole store for less?

Are you referring to a dedicated server rather than sharing?

How about some details......

Comment

A Small Orange.. Being with for more than 8 months now. Completely satisfied.
        You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

i use Streamlined.net there pretty decent i'm using the Unlimited package, great value for money and i've only ever had 2-3 downtimes and that was due to some vandals wrecking some cables in the area where my server was based, but they fixed it withing hours.

basically the package i'm on i've got unmetered bandwidth and they garentee to refund my hosting cost if they can't host my site due to high bandwidth....they also give me unlimited UK web space (in otherwords unlimited storage on the server(s) ) and reliable service. i've not had any problems with them at all. plus if you get the hosting package i'm on they submit your site to google and give you £25 worth of google adwords vouchers, and put you in a prize draw to win a Psp.
          Colin F is my hero!

Comment

Dreamhost: Sites run slow and very rarely do the sites load fully within 10 seconds - www.mcclancashire.co.uk I hate their control panel, which also runs very slow.

ASO: Fine when first moved to them, but they started to run slow and again, took over 10 seconds for sites to load. Constant time out errors, apparently caused by bottle-necking from the UK to the USA (??). I have 4 accounts with them, 1 still has a no script website which runs fine. 3 other hosting plans paid for and left with about 6 months left....

Zen: Dedicated server for £400+ per year? Can't beat it. Fast, that's all I can say and I would highly recommend them: http://www.zenwebhosting.com/ The customer service and support is only 8am to 8pm and can take some time, as they also deal with broadband services, etc.
            Last edited by Neal-UK; Fri 6 Oct '06, 3:35am. Reason: Customer Support Information
            [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

SiteGround is the best, check their hosting plans:

http://www.siteground.com
              http://www.siteground.com/atrack.php?referrerid=31863

Comment

Originally posted by Neal-UK View Post
                ASO: ...Constant time out errors,
                I agree.

Comment

Hello Brandy,

I have been so comfy with my present hosting company, that I would absolutely dread the nightmare of having to jump from one hosting company to the next.
                  After dismal service, (and tremendous downtime) from my previous hosting company I moved onto shared hosting and semi dedicated hosting with www.realwebhost.net, and have very contently been with them now for almost three years. One of my five sites with them sports a forum, which was the reason why my previous hosting company did not like me. Not all hosting companies are fond of forums me seems.
                  With realwebhost there would be no problem, they are familiar with vBulletin, and even run it themselves.
                  They offer flexibility as far as hosting plans are concerned. You could easily start off with shared hosting, and then move onto a semi dedicated or dedicated server, as your needs grow, …. without having to change to another hosting company. I have found that even their semi dedicated solutions are very feasibly priced.

Go and have a peek at what they offer, or just have a chat with Joey (or send him an email) – he is very quick to help and will sort matters out for you.

Hope you find a solution of your choice soon, so that you can settle down and enjoy your site.

Comment

Great thread here, very informative!

What do you all think of THIS place? Only $99 a month for a dedicated server with 160GB harddrive, 1GB RAM, and 1,000GB bandwith.

Comment

Search here! http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

I'm with hostingzoom, good price, but don't know, i think it slows down from time to time... thinking on chihost at the moment
                      Currently working on:
                      Anizeen - What anime have you seen?
                      Osito Barrigón - Winnie Pooh y sus Amigos

Comment

Do yourself a favor and avoid CiHost like the plague, is the worst company that I ever have to deal in my life.
                        Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
                        LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

I've been using A Small Orange www.asmallorange.com for over 2 years now. No problems ever. Great customer support too.
                          TheAntiPartisan.com Forums
                          Saving America, One Ideologue at a Time

Comment

Originally posted by Jedito View Post
                            Do yourself a favor and avoid CiHost like the plague, is the worst company that I ever have to deal in my life.
                            OH! thank u!!!

LOL so, where to run?

But a small orange seems expensive o.o
                            Currently working on:
                            Anizeen - What anime have you seen?
                            Osito Barrigón - Winnie Pooh y sus Amigos

Comment

While they've already been mentioned a great deal in previous replies, honestly, you can't go wrong with ASO (asmallorange). Tim and his crew are really a bunch of great guys and go above and beyond in most cases (at least those I've witnessed).

They've been around for a while and know what they're doing, so giving them a shot wouldn't hurt .

Comment

Just someting to remember about A.S.O. If you have any problems with the server they will say its your fault then they will fix it. I was with them for 8 months and had nothing but problems. I am currently with site5.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X