hostrocket vBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakeman
    tsk tsk. the hostrocket support forums are running vB 2.0 beta 3.
    Yeah I noticed the same thing and wrote them about it. They said they'd upgrade 'soon'.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

are both our sites down?

Comment

back up.

Comment

Jake,

Are you on host12? It was down for a few minutes today. I have two domains - one on host and one of host12.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

how do tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
              how do tell?
              Telnet or SSH in and run this command at the shell prompt:

hostname

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I just signed up for an HR account, and I am on host14.

Comment

Hmm, I just looked at the list of their servers and they don't even list a server 14 but that is what it says for hostname in SSH.
                  Host: host14.hrwebservices.net

TooFastForYa

Comment

host14

Comment

You guys are on a much better server than me!

Host is only 500 mhz with 512 ram while Host14 is 1700 mhz with 768 ram.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

wowzers!

maybe it's because of the different plans we are on. i'm on corporate for $32 a month or something. you're on economy, right?
                        Last edited by Jake Bunce; Tue 12 Jun '01, 9:19am.

Comment

what do you guys think of Hostrocket and would you have done it differently? I may switch from OLM which, while GREAT throughput and uptime, insists on using mysql 3.28.10-alpha... not a stable version. They told me I could get a dedicated server if I wanted them to do upgrades. I told them that I should at least get a stable release! I'm looking at the $23 or so package with the 15GB of transfers...
                          My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

After three days of broken email and absolutely no response from Hostrocket, I would have to say I'm less than pleased right now. I'll leave it at that for now.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                              After three days of broken email and absolutely no response from Hostrocket, I would have to say I'm less than pleased right now. I'll leave it at that for now.
                              I'm shocked.... after all the crap you went through the first time? Wow...
                              My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

i have only been with hostrocket for a short time. I haven't had any problems. I had like 5 minutes of downtime each day the last couple days (from my own experience or so says my forum members). The live chat "hickups" every once in a while, that's it.

Overall I'm happy so far.

VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE BY THE WAY!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X