Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good HOST choice for an ABSOLUTE newbie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever you choose, don't choose godaddy

Comment

Originally posted by ariellio View Post
      whatever you choose, don't choose godaddy
      Thanxx for the HeadsUp! That is one common thing I've picked up in perusing the forums on here: Find a good host and save yourself some headaches. For now, from all I've read, it looks like our group will probably go with A Small Orange as a HOST.

Many Thanxx to all who replied, to this thread as well as others about general inquiries of the available HOSTs out there to choose from!
      Shopping for a HOST? Ask me about A Small Orange

Comment

Originally posted by adwade View Post
        Thanxx for the HeadsUp! That is one common thing I've picked up in perusing the forums on here: Find a good host and save yourself some headaches. For now, from all I've read, it looks like our group will probably go with A Small Orange as a HOST.

Many Thanxx to all who replied, to this thread as well as others about general inquiries of the available HOSTs out there to choose from!
        Perfect choice indeed.. You won't regret it.
        You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

If you're not comfortable with installing vBulletin you can hire someone from vBulletin to do it for you. This service is available during and after purchase for $135.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmaster
            What about Linux? Is it a good web host?
            Linux is a operating system. It is not a web host, think of it just like Windows

Comment

Linux is generally preferred for running a server. It by itself is not a web host.
              Forums

Comment

Just look for a shared web host account

Comment

Nope, I recommend to find a hosting provider that offers shared hosting accounts on a linux box, that offer apache as web server, php for the programming language and mysql as the database. This is what vbulletin requires.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmaster
                    Do i need to run my own server before getting a web page host?
                    No, Just look for a host on the Internet that you pay to upload vBulletin too. All you need to start with is a shared host account. That will cost around £40-65 year. Depending on how much space and bandwith you want to start off with. I pay £67 year for my host top share "Platinum" account. Which is nether here or there as a one of payment for a years shared hosting paid up front.

just to give you a rouge guideline

Comment

I just wanted to report back that we ended up going with A Small Orange (http://www.asmallorange.com/) for a HOST. Their 'Tiny' plan allows us to start at a great rate (just $2/mo) and allows us to grow whenever we need to one of these days.

Things I particularily liked about them were: 1)All the positive comments I read from actual users on several forums, 2)The vBulletin 3.5.x Optimization Guide in the 'Getting Started' forum, 3)The fact they didn't limit our emails/hour as some HOSTs do, and finally 4)Their own ASO Forums with lots of Q&A's.

Anyway, I did manage to get vBulletin installed there alright and so far things are working well for us.
                      Cheers, AD
                      Shopping for a HOST? Ask me about A Small Orange

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X