Which webhosting plan do I need ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which webhosting plan do I need ?

I have 2 brand new VBs, planning to purchase the third one, will be advertizing soon in the search engine. Right now my situation is very bad, I pay 30 $ per month for 50 MB of Data Storage( shared) with the local company, other than the price I am happy with them.
    I decided to move to ASO, help me decide which plan I need to get with them.
    At what point to I need to get the managed dedicated server? I don't want to be jumping from one hosting provider to another, the one I use now offers dedicated in case I need one, and ASO dedicated are all sold out.

How many users are usually online at a time on your forum, and how many posts does it have?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

they are new forums, they only have categories right now about 10 posts, and I can't imagine how many users stimult. I am about to get.

Comment

Currently I'd say the Small plan should suffice easily.
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Comment

anybody knows how many users simult. ASO allows to have on a small plan?
          And if i have 3 different forums , do I need to add up my users ?

Comment

I don't think they limit it like that, but I recommend you ask them directly.
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Comment

Colin, is there a formula , some kind of calculation or explanation, ex. with this many users, or posts, or VBs, you need this kind of plan. Since I am so new to it, I would like to know , so I can make predictions myself, instead of always asking. Thank you.

Comment

Ok, I found that information in the faq.

Comment

Julia,

pardon my saying so but from the look of this thread, this seems to be a recipe for disaster. You're new to forum hosting (from the sound of it), you're going to put up ads (assuming yahoo / google ads) which can put up load times on the server AND you're going to do it on 3 sites at the same time with the aim of getting a shared package?

Honest opinion, dont go gung ho with this, start with 1 forum, put up a few ads, take each step at a time. Forum Hosting is tricky especially if you dont know how many people will be online at the same time and even more tricky if you don't have any guestimates on how fast you will grow.

Most webhosting companies will shuffle your account to different servers if any of the above cause a strain on the server causing downtimes and increasing costs.

Start with 1 and see how it goes
                  www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                  www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

i already got a medium in ASO, already regret that ever decided to switch hosting, i uploaded all my files, but when i click on my forum , there is no forum. I submitted a ticket to vb, i don't know , what else to do.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X