Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server I'm Thinking Of Getting - Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server I'm Thinking Of Getting - Suggestions?

Was looking at Softlayer.com and I am looking for something that will be able to support steady growth, a heavily hacked forum, and a main site using php scripts.

Theres two choices, both same price, not sure why the same price...

One is a:

AMD Dual Opteron 248 - 2 x 2.2GHz Processors - 2 x 1MB Cache 1GB ECC Reg DDRI 400 Ram, 2000GB Bandwidth, Public and Private VLAN

The other is:

Intel Dual Xeon - 2 x 3.0GHz Processors with Hyperthreading - 2 x 2MB Cache 1GB ECC Reg DDRII 400 Ram, 2000GB Bandwidth, Public and Private VLAN

So wouldnt the second one be better or the AMD?

They both have all the same features, and going to upgrade to 1000 Mbps Public & Private Networks

For Operating System I'm thinking Red Hat Enterprise Linux but should I get 32 bit or 64 bit?

And for Database Software, I'm thinking My SQL 4.1 For linux, As I have no other option.

And for the Control Panel...

Whats the difference between Plesk 7.5 and Plesk 8... Should I just go with 8?

Thanks for the review of everything

199.95 and then 20 bucks for the 1000 MBPS

32 bit don't go for 64 bit! Both servers are around the same power, AMD may be a little more powerful. It depends on your personal choice.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160103

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X