Good Hosting Company For Website / Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a shared go daddy account.
    It works out well for my small forum, but the lack of external ssh access to the database makes a restore a major project. But I can't complain so far things are working well.
    www.highperformancestangs.com

Comment

Since i can see that i'm certainly not the only one who is struggling with finding a good and reliable host i'll suggest that someone should put up a link to a site where hosts are reviewed.

I have done a little bit of Googling myself on this matter, but i haven't really found a review site which i feel 100% trustworthy.

So does anyone know a good and trustworthy review site ?

Comment

http://www.whreviews.com
        Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
        LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

I am only a first timer of a few weeks here but when I first started I used Godaddy's economy package which to some is a no no but I guess that all depends on who you talk too. Well I found out that MY VBulletin board ran REAL slow.
          I did a little research and people threw a lot of names at me, I ultimately (SP?) settled on a company called Devoted Host. I know I only have a small board because I am starting out but the speed is real good and no down time yet and if there is, they tell you a week ahead of time.

My 2 cents for what its worth

Comment

I can't really say go daddy has been slow for me. I just don't like the lack of external access to the database. I use mysqldumper to backup and restore the DB with go daddy. It seems like http://realwebhost.net has some good reviews and VB support. Go Daddy isn't too bad if you have some computer knowledge. If you are new to all of this you may want to choose a host with better support and knowledge of VB.

Comment

I've been with Hostww for almost 1 year. They've been extremely reliable, my board loads fast, downtime is next to nothing.
              Peggy
              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

Webhostingtalk is the place to dig up info on webhosts. It's probably the most comprehensive place on the web I've visited and I've also used a few deals from there (which seemed to good to be true and they sucked).

So be sure to do your research before you snag another webhost.

Good luck
                www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

Ok I have been having trouble with Go Daddy Shared the past few days. It has been as slow as a turtle every morning. I am looking for a new host.

Comment

Just Switch to Real Web Host.
                    I am happy so far. Much better then Go(slow) Daddy.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X