Vservers (hostpro) Burst.net or Site5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

site5 support

It may be different if you have a dedicated server with site5, but I've noticed support to be slow. Yes, I know I'm impatient, but 24 hours seems to be a bit long when you're working on your site and something is going wrong.

I've been down several times on site5. And since it's a shared server, there are others using the mySQL at the same time. I was running into "too many connections" errors with only 5 people on the board!

They said the down times were from 'abusers' who have been taken care of, but I just don't feel comfortable with them.

Here's a BIG issue... no phone support! none. All contact is via email, ticket support, or ICQ. Not even voice mail. It's a very uneasy feeling when your site is down for a couple hours and you can't call someone up.

Yes, their prices are good, but I've got to have more reliablity. I'm switching to vservers this week.

(sorry aaron, forgot about that *hint*)
    Brian Shea (G+)
    FallenBrothers.com and SevenSages.com

Comment

We had similiar experiences with site5. Great people to work unless the server was down and then those "abusers" made all things come to a halt. I had my share of days when we were down daily for several hours.......ICQ was available but it didn't get that poor server up and running. Chatting on ICQ with the tech support became a daily event......... (Hey Matt! You are still my favorite tech support guy!) I finally had to bail out and onto a bigger host system .....(after a brief stay at another host)...

We've made a great home with VSERVERS and we are very very grateful. We are on the Ultra plan....
      Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X