Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KingSpade
    replied
    As posted here within many other threads, the shared hosting barrier is generally 50 users online at once, upwards 60, however with 500 online at once, you're really short on options.

Dedicated is more so the way to go and if you cannot manage your own server, a fully managed server or an unmanaged server with server management provided by another company is your best option.

Honestly, if you really rotate 500 online at once, I wouldn't even bother looking at a shared hosting package.

Leave a comment:

• bogene2020
    replied
    If you need a host try
    http://www.rackhost.net/

They are unusually cheap and I have been using them for years and have never really had a problem they did not solve quickly ...

Leave a comment:

• joeychgo
    replied
    You need a dedicated server. Shared wont do it for the traffic your getting.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Tophman, the general consensus is that when a shared host is allowing its customers to have hundreds of users online simultaneously, you should head for the hills. Anyway, judging by the following post, he has a dedicated server:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171831

Leave a comment:

• Tophman
    replied
    Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    Purely out of curiousity as to how a site as large as yours could run on shared hosting, I must ask, where are you hosting your site now, how much space and bandwidth do you get and how much do you pay per month?

By the way, how much are you able to pay per month?
    I am curious too. I need to find a host....my first... and am trying to find something I can grow with.
    I currently have my domain with GoDaddy and was going to host with them initially....but keep seeing people say....Don't host with them for Vbulletin.
    I would like a host I could stick with for a while and it sounds like the host you are using may allow quite a bit of growth.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Purely out of curiousity as to how a site as large as yours could run on shared hosting, I must ask, where are you hosting your site now, how much space and bandwidth do you get and how much do you pay per month?

By the way, how much are you able to pay per month?

Leave a comment:

• encryption
    replied
    Have you considered getting a fully managed dedicated server ?
    Last edited by encryption; Mon 27th Feb '06, 3:54am.

Leave a comment:

• topanet
    started a topic Hosting vbulletin with bigger capacity

Hosting vbulletin with bigger capacity

hello all,

i need bigger hosting (shared hosting if preferable) with big capacity..
    i running site that at least 500 user online at time, and 3500 unique visitor/day.. with vbulletin app of course..

is there any user in here can give me some advise, where i must host my site???

i need shared hosting, because in my side, i didn;t know the technical maintenance for running, securing the site any other thing that make the server is solid and stable...

thanks,
    topan.