Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldmn
    replied
    I have two accounts with IPowerweb and am not happy with one of them the (newest) with vBulletin on it it is having problems and they insist it is the software.
    The other is 3 years old and has no problems.
    There tech support is one that is always going to look in to it and get back to you . Which they do but it is normally pointing the finger at some other cause.

Leave a comment:

• Highway of Life
    replied
    To answer questions: Yes, iPower and iPowerweb are the same company. I have several hosting and domain accounts with this provider.
    The Hosting and Domain Technical support is really A+, nothing better out there.
    However, I just ordered the VPS hosting from them, and have had much trouble trying to get the command line working the way I want it.
    The version of FC is 2, but it seems incomplete, as I have discussed with some FC and Linux professionals who say there are files missing, or, at least they are not in the spot they are supposed to be.
    After contacting iPower VPS support, they say it is the full version of FC2, but I requested a re-install, or an full install of FC4, as I know I will be able to install the applications needed for Domain Command Line administration without all the fuss of trying to install components that should be on the server allready.

If anyone has any tips on what the best method for installing Fedora Core 4 on the server, please reply.
    I know iPower will do this sort of upgrade, for a fee... but hopefully they will do it no-charge because of the bum install of FC2.

Thanks,
    Highway

Leave a comment:

• tinjon
    replied
    i'm currently on a shared hosting and since the member increased, i 'm really thinking of getting something better.
    does anoyone know if ipowerweb and ipower are the same company?
    thanks.

EDIT: bit of research. actually they ARE the SAME company. ipowerweb=ipower.
    don't believe me? just try using the live chat and it will take u to ipowerweb site.

Leave a comment:

• noex
    replied
    Originally posted by deatheyes
    VPS isn't stable

yes, it is.

Leave a comment:

• deatheyes
    replied
    VPS isn't stable

Leave a comment:

• activa
    replied
    but the most anteristing thing is not showing in the plans ,

Memory ?
    Cpu Speed ?
    Server Configuration ?

Leave a comment:

• encryption
    replied
    if ipower is the same as ipowerweb, I've read some rather "unhappy" things about them..... and yes what KingSpade said, I doubt you'll snag a VPS plan for 1 TB. You're definitely looking at dedicated in that level.
    Last edited by encryption; Mon 27 Feb '06, 7:38am.

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    Plesk isn't all that bad, control panel wise, however, I highly doubt you will be able to push the 1TB (1000GB's) of bandwidth (data transfer) they are offering on a VPS. Most dedicated servers won't push that much, regardless of whether they have quality hardware or not.

Search over at www.webhostingtalk.com - you should be able to find out more information as well as reviews on iPower.

Leave a comment:

• tinjon
    started a topic anyone used ipower vps?

anyone used ipower vps?

http://ipower.com/virtual.html

pretty cheap deal. how is their suport? is the service reliable? anybody using it? share your thoughts please.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X