X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bizaro
    replied
    servage is NO GOOD

I have a hosting account at servage.net and it turned out to be a big SCAM, they took my money and suspended my

account.
    Reason: " At this time today our servers have
    served more than 428456 requests for your account."
    That's nowhere in the terms of service, and they even don't want to refund me.

This service is only ok for small websites, when you have more than 200-300 users daily, they will surly suspend the

account to keep their servers running.

They RUINED my growing traffic with this!!

I advice other hosting purchaser to STAY AWAY from servage if you want a professional and reliable hosting service

and not a service that shuts down your service when they want to.

Leave a comment:

• Xplorer4x4
    replied
    Originally posted by Nigh7mar3
    About 3 months ago servage was very good hosting, now it sucks... I have a lot of problems of speed and mysql errors ( reported by vbb )

I hope they fix these problems asap
    From what I can see I agree. The service has gone down hill ever since we joined. There site says most tickets are solved with in an hour...haha I am lucky to get a respons in an hour. My average response time is about 10 hours. The simplest fo questions can take them 10 hours to respond.

Hell the other day I am asking them for help, and they reply to my ticket and out of the blue says some thing baout glad to see the issue was resolved, and to reply if i need futher assistant. NO WHERE in my ticket did I say the issue was fixed.

Or I might request a datbase import for my test board, and they tell me oh we have it scheduled for first thing in the morning. Well obviously they do not emply a database technician 24/7, so that and 10 hour support times does not qualify as 24/7 support IMO.

I as well have fequent issues with the database and there servers. Weather loosing a connection during a query or just a white page loading. Sure it could be related to a hack, but i highly doubt that.

I think the only hting i can compliment then on is that they were extremley friendly with compliments of have a nice day, and adding smileys to there post. At times I felt like they tried to make it look like they really cared, but if they cared, they would care enough to offer resonable support.

Leave a comment:

• DavutPasha
    replied
    yeah, you are right Indy, I am using Servage about 2 months, I have never had a trouble with them, sometimes you can have problem with sql but servage has really good advantages (25 gb + 500 gb band) It's really cheap.

Also every week, your hosting pack is growing about 4 mb. They have really fast ticket system.

Only one disadvantage is they don't have online help, but ticket system solves your problems, you can trust me

Leave a comment:

• Indy16
    replied
    I use Servage, and IMO, they're excellent! Not a single moment of downtime, and as you aforementioned the package is great!

Only disadvantage I can think of is their custom ControlPanel.

Leave a comment:

• Nigh7mar3
    replied
    About 3 months ago servage was very good hosting, now it sucks... I have a lot of problems of speed and mysql errors ( reported by vbb )

I hope they fix these problems asap

Leave a comment:

• Xplorer4x4
    replied
    I saw a few overall good raitings over at webhostingtalk about them. Everyone was generally pleased minus one or two things but nothing to extreme. Seems the perfect hosting service would be hard to find though. My only complaint was support was oringally slow but i assume that was from oving the datacenters, and secondly they have a 15GB restriction on bandwidth per day.

Leave a comment:

• sensimilla
    replied
    servage has very bad opinion at webhostingtalks , hope this helps

Leave a comment:

• encryption
    replied
    I agree with KingSpade, most webhosting companies dishing out massive amounts of BW and Hosting Space are generally targetting HTML based "I love my Kitty" type of sites..... it's when 1 person who is actually gonna start using the Server resources sign up and then he bring on 3 buddies who are taxing the heck out of box even more, is when the roller coaster ride starts.

BlueHost (who offered a crazy package to wordpress.org) have gone through their phase of rejection and have been dropped as Wordpress's "preferred" hosting option.

In all honesty, if you see "ANY" package that's giving you an arm and a leg, dont take it

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    Of course, it really depends on the host, though if you will search through at WebHostingTalk or around other such forums, you will find the same scenario for the same type of offers. Typically, once usage hits, the host will either suggest you move to a dedicated server, or at the least, a VPS solution.

If you are already using 11GB's of disk space and 80GB's of bandwidth, then really going to another shared hosting solution isn't really going to benifit you too much. While the offer may be too good to pass up, it really would be in your sites best interest to move to a more reliable solution such as VPS or dedicated. Of course, this too would also depend on your budget.

Again, please do not take this as me downing Servage, as I'm not. I personally do not see any reason to bash a company, even if they have their problems. I am just asking you to look around as I've seen what's been happening and moving 11GB's isn't really a quick and fun thing to do, even with SSH.

Leave a comment:

• Xplorer4x4
    replied
    Originally posted by KingSpade
    FWIW, normally, if it sounds too good to be true, it normally is. A good question to ask yourself while searching for a host is what do you "really" need from a host? Do you honestly need 100GB+ in bandwidth and do you honestly need 25GB's of disk space?

If you're really using or will be using 500GB's of bandwidth in any given month, you belong on a dedicated server, not in a shared hosting environment.
    Currentley we use 11GB os space and about 80GB of bandwidth, on DOMS alone, so we were in the market for something more at the very least. We could do without the storage as we don't really need all of it to function. but further more we are planing on 2 forums, and 2 websites to be hosted on this server in aditiong to proabbly a couple of phpbb boards for friends.

I did a search for reviews through google and bassicly everything was pretty good, about 95% of the time. I mean no hosting is gona be perfect and technically there cluster servers, not dedicated or shared hosting.

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    FWIW, normally, if it sounds too good to be true, it normally is. A good question to ask yourself while searching for a host is what do you "really" need from a host? Do you honestly need 100GB+ in bandwidth and do you honestly need 25GB's of disk space?

I have nothing good or bad to say about Servage, as I've never dealt with them, however, 99% of these offers are marketing efforts. I will agree, they work to pull in clients, but at the same time, those that actually do try to push the bandwidth offered normally get booted and end up here or on WebHostingTalk.com with a complaint.

If you're really using or will be using 500GB's of bandwidth in any given month, you belong on a dedicated server, not in a shared hosting environment.

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    A referral link usually has additional parameters at the end of the URL that will then give you, the referer, some type of credit if a person follows your link and purchases a product or service.

Leave a comment:

• Xplorer4x4
    replied
    I am just looking for a simple explanation of how it was a referal link to avoid breaking the rules which you see I do not have a habbit of doing.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Please behave and stay on topic. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Xplorer4x4
    replied
    Originally posted by Creepshow
    First off, I think you do know what a referral link is,
    If I knew I wouldn't ask, nor would I be pissed off at the THREAT of posts being deleted when it was an honest mistake. If I knew I would kindly apoligize and own up to my mistake.

EDIT: What I meant was how exactly it was referal link? My apoligies. A simple "referal links are not allowed" would of been acetpable rather then making threats.

and second, Zachery did not DELETE your post, he EDITED it. And it was nessessary because I understand referral links are not allowed on the vBulletin.com forums...
    Obviously he did not delete it...it is still there
    Last edited by Xplorer4x4; Sun 1 Jan '06, 8:56pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X