Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servage.net any good?

http://www.servage.net/

Sounds to good to be true but it is pleanty more then we are looking for, but why argue?
    Last edited by Zachery; Sun 1 Jan '06, 7:24pm.

In the future, know I'll just remove the post if you are going to post a referal url

Comment

I have never heard of that hosting provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        In the future, know I'll just remove the post if you are going to post a referal url
        Maybe if I knew what a referal URL is.....Acidnets happen ya know. No need to delete a post when somone has no idea what a referal url is.

Comment

Originally posted by Xplorer4x4
          Maybe if I knew what a referal URL is.....Acidnets happen ya know. No need to delete a post when somone has no idea what a referal url is.
          First off, I think you do know what a referral link is, and second, Zachery did not DELETE your post, he EDITED it. And it was nessessary because I understand referral links are not allowed on the vBulletin.com forums...
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow
            First off, I think you do know what a referral link is,
            If I knew I wouldn't ask, nor would I be pissed off at the THREAT of posts being deleted when it was an honest mistake. If I knew I would kindly apoligize and own up to my mistake.

EDIT: What I meant was how exactly it was referal link? My apoligies. A simple "referal links are not allowed" would of been acetpable rather then making threats.

and second, Zachery did not DELETE your post, he EDITED it. And it was nessessary because I understand referral links are not allowed on the vBulletin.com forums...
            Obviously he did not delete it...it is still there
            Last edited by Xplorer4x4; Sun 1 Jan '06, 8:56pm.

Comment

Please behave and stay on topic. Thank you.

Comment

I am just looking for a simple explanation of how it was a referal link to avoid breaking the rules which you see I do not have a habbit of doing.

Comment

A referral link usually has additional parameters at the end of the URL that will then give you, the referer, some type of credit if a person follows your link and purchases a product or service.
                  vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

FWIW, normally, if it sounds too good to be true, it normally is. A good question to ask yourself while searching for a host is what do you "really" need from a host? Do you honestly need 100GB+ in bandwidth and do you honestly need 25GB's of disk space?

I have nothing good or bad to say about Servage, as I've never dealt with them, however, 99% of these offers are marketing efforts. I will agree, they work to pull in clients, but at the same time, those that actually do try to push the bandwidth offered normally get booted and end up here or on WebHostingTalk.com with a complaint.

If you're really using or will be using 500GB's of bandwidth in any given month, you belong on a dedicated server, not in a shared hosting environment.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSpade
                      FWIW, normally, if it sounds too good to be true, it normally is. A good question to ask yourself while searching for a host is what do you "really" need from a host? Do you honestly need 100GB+ in bandwidth and do you honestly need 25GB's of disk space?

If you're really using or will be using 500GB's of bandwidth in any given month, you belong on a dedicated server, not in a shared hosting environment.
                      Currentley we use 11GB os space and about 80GB of bandwidth, on DOMS alone, so we were in the market for something more at the very least. We could do without the storage as we don't really need all of it to function. but further more we are planing on 2 forums, and 2 websites to be hosted on this server in aditiong to proabbly a couple of phpbb boards for friends.

I did a search for reviews through google and bassicly everything was pretty good, about 95% of the time. I mean no hosting is gona be perfect and technically there cluster servers, not dedicated or shared hosting.

Comment

Of course, it really depends on the host, though if you will search through at WebHostingTalk or around other such forums, you will find the same scenario for the same type of offers. Typically, once usage hits, the host will either suggest you move to a dedicated server, or at the least, a VPS solution.

If you are already using 11GB's of disk space and 80GB's of bandwidth, then really going to another shared hosting solution isn't really going to benifit you too much. While the offer may be too good to pass up, it really would be in your sites best interest to move to a more reliable solution such as VPS or dedicated. Of course, this too would also depend on your budget.

Again, please do not take this as me downing Servage, as I'm not. I personally do not see any reason to bash a company, even if they have their problems. I am just asking you to look around as I've seen what's been happening and moving 11GB's isn't really a quick and fun thing to do, even with SSH.

Comment

I agree with KingSpade, most webhosting companies dishing out massive amounts of BW and Hosting Space are generally targetting HTML based "I love my Kitty" type of sites..... it's when 1 person who is actually gonna start using the Server resources sign up and then he bring on 3 buddies who are taxing the heck out of box even more, is when the roller coaster ride starts.

BlueHost (who offered a crazy package to wordpress.org) have gone through their phase of rejection and have been dropped as Wordpress's "preferred" hosting option.

In all honesty, if you see "ANY" package that's giving you an arm and a leg, dont take it
                          www.MJWebhosting.com - (Vbulletin Forum Hosting)
                          www.MercuryServer.com - (Our vBulletin forum Managed & hosted by MJWebhosting)

Comment

servage has very bad opinion at webhostingtalks , hope this helps
                            StylWolny.pl - Polskie Forum Dyskusyjne | guziki wieszaki producent - Bonetti.pl
                            Join Tattoo Group Now

Comment

I saw a few overall good raitings over at webhostingtalk about them. Everyone was generally pleased minus one or two things but nothing to extreme. Seems the perfect hosting service would be hard to find though. My only complaint was support was oringally slow but i assume that was from oving the datacenters, and secondly they have a 15GB restriction on bandwidth per day.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X