• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisLM2001
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazingurlmc
    Hmm, I wish it was that easy.
    In the US, and with folks with means to have their own computer, it's even easy for 16 year-olds. $160/year comes out to be less than saving $16/mon for it (which a kid can make twice that much just mowing one lawn a week in summer).

I'm disabled and on a very fixed income, but did purchase an owned license. So there's not much excuse for an able-bodied kid to save less than $16/mon for a year to get his/her own owned license (then just mow one yard in the summer to pay the yearly upkeep).

Chris

Leave a comment:

• KingSpade
    replied
    If you have the money available, it is . I think TMM was just trying to point out that everything is right in front of the user, minus the hosting information.

To start, purchase a hosting package with a web host, then purchase vBulletin. Make sure the host supports MySQL & PHP and you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Blazingurlmc
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMusicMan
    Sheesh, what the heck are you folks on. Honestly, it's simple... get money, go here http://www.vbulletin.com/order/, decide if you want leased or owned license, pay for it, download it, install it and that's it... honest!
    Hmm, I wish it was that easy.

Leave a comment:

• TheMusicMan
    replied
    Sheesh, what the heck are you folks on. Honestly, it's simple... get money, go here http://www.vbulletin.com/order/, decide if you want leased or owned license, pay for it, download it, install it and that's it... honest!

Leave a comment:

• Joshs
    replied
    Originally posted by chri$
    it says u get it for a whole year for 80$

so... thats a lie ???
    Where do you see this $80/year price?

Leave a comment:

• chri$
    replied
    it says u get it for a whole year for 80$

so... thats a lie ???

Leave a comment:

• Joshs
    replied
    Originally posted by chri$
    erm this licence thingy..is that the thing which is 80$ ?

do i get the licence with the forum or do i need 2 pay for them both sepertly
    vBulletin is currently charging $85 to lease the license for one year or $160 to own it. With purchasing the license, you gain access to their member's area where you can download the script.

Leave a comment:

• chri$
    replied
    erm this licence thingy..is that the thing which is 80$ ?

do i get the licence with the forum or do i need 2 pay for them both sepertly

Leave a comment:

• Joshs
    replied
    You need a web host that supports vBulletin (PHP, MYSQL, etc). You also need a vBulletin license.

From there you can setup a vBulletin forum.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    title changed.

Leave a comment:

• David Gonzalez
    replied
    Uhh just keep in mind that vBulletin is a commercial product, you will need to buy a license to use it (And you need a site and domain of course)

Leave a comment:

• wbear
    replied
    Really..I mean, like wtf, right?

Leave a comment:

• cbiweb
    replied
    Just dropped in to say that you won't get much response with a thread title like "wtf". I'm sure someone will fall for it soon and answer your question, though.

Leave a comment:

• chri$
    started a topic help, I need to know somthing about hosting

help, I need to know somthing about hosting

i want to get a v bulletin forum but im new to this but i herd i need a website 1st.. is this correct ?? if so what website host thingy do i get which wil work with v bulletin
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X