help, I need to know somthing about hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help, I need to know somthing about hosting

i want to get a v bulletin forum but im new to this but i herd i need a website 1st.. is this correct ?? if so what website host thingy do i get which wil work with v bulletin

Just dropped in to say that you won't get much response with a thread title like "wtf". I'm sure someone will fall for it soon and answer your question, though.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Really..I mean, like wtf, right?

Comment

Uhh just keep in mind that vBulletin is a commercial product, you will need to buy a license to use it (And you need a site and domain of course)

Comment

title changed.

Comment

You need a web host that supports vBulletin (PHP, MYSQL, etc). You also need a vBulletin license.

From there you can setup a vBulletin forum.

Comment

erm this licence thingy..is that the thing which is 80$ ?

do i get the licence with the forum or do i need 2 pay for them both sepertly

Comment

Originally posted by chri$
                erm this licence thingy..is that the thing which is 80$ ?

do i get the licence with the forum or do i need 2 pay for them both sepertly
                vBulletin is currently charging $85 to lease the license for one year or $160 to own it. With purchasing the license, you gain access to their member's area where you can download the script.

Comment

it says u get it for a whole year for 80$

so... thats a lie ???

Comment

Originally posted by chri$
                    it says u get it for a whole year for 80$

so... thats a lie ???
                    Where do you see this $80/year price?

Comment

Sheesh, what the heck are you folks on. Honestly, it's simple... get money, go here http://www.vbulletin.com/order/, decide if you want leased or owned license, pay for it, download it, install it and that's it... honest!
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by TheMusicMan
                        Sheesh, what the heck are you folks on. Honestly, it's simple... get money, go here http://www.vbulletin.com/order/, decide if you want leased or owned license, pay for it, download it, install it and that's it... honest!
                        Hmm, I wish it was that easy.

Comment

If you have the money available, it is . I think TMM was just trying to point out that everything is right in front of the user, minus the hosting information.

To start, purchase a hosting package with a web host, then purchase vBulletin. Make sure the host supports MySQL & PHP and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazingurlmc
                            Hmm, I wish it was that easy.
                            In the US, and with folks with means to have their own computer, it's even easy for 16 year-olds. $160/year comes out to be less than saving $16/mon for it (which a kid can make twice that much just mowing one lawn a week in summer).

I'm disabled and on a very fixed income, but did purchase an owned license. So there's not much excuse for an able-bodied kid to save less than $16/mon for a year to get his/her own owned license (then just mow one yard in the summer to pay the yearly upkeep).

Chris
                            "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                            is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                            ~~~
                            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X